Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kutnup513 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Paying state taxes
    I work in PA, live in MD, do I have to have PA state taxes deducted from my pay
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 11:21 AM

Yes - you have to pay taxes to the state where you work. You also have to pay taxes to the state where you live, but MD will let you take a credit for taxes paid to other states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying state taxes in multiple states [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, For the first time, I had to pay state tax in CT and NC for 2008. After filing a form in CT, I got a letter that I still owe tax. On the form that I sent initially, I put the income from my federal tax form (W-2s from both states), and the income from just CT, which was so little that I...

Paying out of state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband works in NYC but we live in NJ. His W2 shows only NJ taxes. Should we have paid NYC taxes? How do we fix this? Thanks

Paying two state taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a different state than I live in, do I have to pay taxes in both states?

US citizen living overseas paying US state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US citizen residing permanently the UK(my last US residence was NJ in 1997). I do, however, occasionally earn income in the US, as a self-employed musician. This year, I worked in NY for 2 months, and KY for 5 days. I received 1099-MISC for both jobs(ie no state or federal taxes were...

S corporation paying state taxes in two states [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My partner and I have an S corporation set up in Illinois. He is permanently moving to Iowa. We work as independent contractors on various projects--his mainly in Iowa. As an S corporation, we are employees of the corporation and pay ourselves wages every month. How do we handle paying the...

View more questions Search