Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Occasional inability to focus.
    Very rarely (happens maybe once every two to three months) I get a about of... I don't even really know what to call it, but for some reason my eyes can't focus together and it makes it impossible to see clearly, and a headache sets in within seconds. Holding my hand over either eye works, but I just can't understand why my eyes would be unable to focus together on something for any reason. This doesn't last long but I'm afraid it may be a sign of something bigger. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:16 AM

I noticed my eyes get better and worse with things like what have I been eating and different things.
    I found the best thing is eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables for the antioxidents and take bilberry supplement.

Some things good for eyesight are
    Lycopene found in tomatoes and ketchup
    Lutein in vegetables
    vitamin A, C and E (do not take E if taking blood thinners).
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 01:49 PM

This is something that needs to be talked to with a doctor. It could be migraines or many other things. Please see an Optometrist.
    Sarah72 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 10:00 AM

You need to exercise your eyes to not worsen you eyesight, Do you know about the Bates method :
    Dr. William Bates spend years studying vision problems. He attended and graduated from Cornell University and became a teacher and researcher of ophthalmology in the New York area. Bates created many vision improvement methods and believed that anyone can see without glasses. His methods were developed teach the eyes ways to improve and heal themselves.

For more : Improve Eyesight
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah72 View Post

For more : Improve Eyesight
    Is this the one where you wear these pinhole glasses for a few minutes a day to learn to refocus your eyes?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 11:04 AM

I disagree that ANYONE can see without glasses, and can benefit from vision therapy. I've seen many people that do not benefit from it. Your best bet to visit the eye doctor and follow their recommendations.
    Sarah72 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Is this the one where you wear these pinhole glasses for a few minutes a day to learn to refocus your eyes?
    Improve Eyesight is a program based on Bates method, And it works, you can see how people got benefit from it at the forum: Imagination Blindness - A Site Dedicated to the Bates Method of Natural Vision Improvement.

You should know that the glasses and the contacts, the way they work makes eyes rely on them , so the muscles become lazy and the eyesight worse.
    messiable Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Aug 26, 2009, 02:05 PM

It might happen because of lighting, you know flsshes of light on the TV etc (bright lights). Consolidate your doctor just to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frustrated and concerned with inability to lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all! I am here seeking any advice I can get. I have tried so hard to lose weight. I have turned my diet upside down. I rarely eat red meat. I eat chicken and fish mainly. I eat plenty of vegetables (especially greens) and fruits. I drink plenty of water and I am even trying to wean...

Inability to Climax [ 2 Answers ]

Though not "experienced" with sex (as I am only 19), I have been sexually "active" for about four years now. Through three different partners (two men and a woman), numerous positions, toys, and attempts at masturbation, I have never been able to have an orgasm. I enjoy the experience quite a bit,...

Inability to ejackulate [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 59 year old male in fairly good health. Suddenly I have not been able to ejackulate is there a natural cause for this situation.

Tight foreskin and an inability to ejaculate [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time very recently and thought I was ready and fairly relaxed when things got heated in the bedroom. However I found that I was unable to ejaculate and reach orgasm even though I was very turned on. Since then I have had a bit of complex about the event. I also found that I...

Pressure in knee and inability to bend fully [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my knee began aching like it usually does with cold weather and then it started to swell a little and I feel this heavy pressure in my knee whenever I walk or try to bend my leg, it doesn't hurt but almost feels numb and I can feel popping when I bend it. I haven't injured it and I am...

View more questions Search