Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
    How to set master/slave jumpers
    I want to add a second hard drive to my system. How do I know where to put the jumper to make the new drive the slave? I don't have any documentation on the second drive. Is there anything else I need to do or watch out for so it doesn't screw something up? It was attached once before, but it prevented Windows from starting, I presume because it looked like the master C: drive rather than a slave.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Oct 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
    There should be only 3 jumper choices. Your first drive should have a jumper in master drive setting already. For your 2nd drive, try one that is different than your first drive. If it does not work, try another one that is different from your first drive. It is pretty safe to do this.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Oct 22, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Howdy:

Check the case of the second hdd.. Most hdd manufacturers have a diagram showing where the jumpers should go for the vrious settings or have the pins marked (MA; SL; CS, etc)

If you can't find one, then go to the manufacturers website and search your model number..

Murray
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Just is case you didn't know what jumpers looked like:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love Slave [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have been in love before but it didn't seem like real love because the other person didn't love me, they rather play with my feelings, oh well, sugar cube iced tea. I have never had a serious long-term relationship, they have come and gone and I'm still alive, but my two sisters(one...

Use old computer as slave [ 1 Answers ]

Can I and if so how do I use old computer as slave

Sec slave ATAPI incompatible [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: hi folks this is driving me nuts Gigabyte 6wmm7 motherboard 1x HD 1Xcdrom 512 ram goes through post then stops at this message,"Sec slave ATAPI incompatible" I have no secondary device connected tried changing cdrom to cable select , no joy, can't get into setup even after...

Pc to Pc slave [ 9 Answers ]

I forgot the ask, why do you want to go this route rather than just downloading the apps on to the other machine ?

Shoot-set and Quick-set Combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have not seen this yet, but I haven't seen everything... lol I was thinking that these two misdirection sets could be used in a single play because the quick-set causes the opponent to position, dig-in, and focus on the quick-set hitter, but the ball could be shoot-set along the net for anyone...

View more questions Search