Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Syed Ibramusha Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 12:53 AM
    How to map router
    Hi I am Syed Ibramusha

I have 2 cisco router , How to map one router to another router can any person help me
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2009, 06:29 AM

Can they ping each other?
    What is the LAN and WAN address of each router?

Aug 4, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hellow

My First router ip 192.1.55.1 and another router IP 192.1.56.1 .How to make communicate router?

This network is WAN Network

Aug 5, 2009, 07:05 AM

Take a look at the questions and answer them fully.
    1) Can they ping each other?
    2) What is the LAN and WAN address of each router?

You have not provided any answer for #1. How are they connected to each other? Is it through the PSTN with ISDN, T1/E1, etc. Are they connected on a private network within a building using your own cabling? They must have some sort of pathway for communication.

As far as answer #2 goes, you have only provided the LAN addresses and not the WAN addresses of the router. The WAN addresses may help to answer #1 and they are definitely required for the addition of static routes.

Aug 5, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Hi,
    I don't have any idea for config router so help me how to identify wan address, Lan address and how to differenciate 2 address tell me my questions
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 5, 2009, 08:01 AM

Why don't you start by telling us how your network is set up. Then maybe we'll have a better idea of what you need to do.

Aug 5, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed Ibramusha View Post
    Hi,
    I dont have any idea for config router so help me how to identify wan address, Lan address and how to differenciate 2 address tell me my questions
    Do you know how to logon to your Cisco routers? Do you know how to go to Privilaged mode (enable command)? You do a SHOW RUNNING in Privilaged mode to get the current router configuration. Copy this information to a text file and attach it to a post.

If you do not know how to logon to your Cisco routers or know what the Enable password is, then you will not be able to add the routes anyway. You may need to hire someone to do this for you.

Aug 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Sorry This my mistake and I know small troubleshoot so I want lean how to config betweeb two router help me

Aug 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Sorry teach step by step how to config between two router

Aug 7, 2009, 06:35 AM

Without the answers to the questions we have asked of you, you will NOT be able to configure the routes between the router. Also, some of the older Cisco routers do not use the same command line syntax that is used now so we are also assuming that what you have is using the more common Cisco IOS.

If you want a valid example of how to configure your routers, you need to fully answer questions 1 and 2 above.

Aug 7, 2009, 01:27 PM
    I have cisco 1700 series so how to config tell some commands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't log on to router [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I can't log on to my wireless router and I have problem with my internet connection. Please help.

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

D-Link Router DI-624 router settings log in issues [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having serious problems getting into the router settings of my D-Link router. Someone other than me messed with the Admin log in supposedly changing the password. I've attempted to "reset" the modem several times, and use what D-Link says is the admin log in of "Admin" and no password, but it...

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

View more questions Search