Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RedStephany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
    80's Cartoon Movie Title
    Hello,

I have asked all of my friends and even my brother about this movie. The only thing I can remember is that the main character may be a mouse (?? ) and is with his mother and they come to a stream or muddy area and he sees a can of either dog food or something with a tomato on it and sees like a picture of a picture of a picture, kind of like when you put a few mirrors together so you see the same image over and over again. My brother remembers something about ice and penguins, but is stuck on the title like I am. I used to watch it when I stayed home sick from school - like when I was 8-10, I'm 26 now so it would be an 80's animated movie. It was not a series, and I will go through all of my VHS tapes tomorrow trying to find this cartoon. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just a scene you remember, it may help. Thanks to all! :)

RedStephany
    averybojangles Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Is it the Secret of the Nymh?
    RedStephany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
    :D I have a friend who found it out for me. She was at the library one day and flipping through children's books and found my memory of the dogfood label. To a tee!

The movie is called "The Mouse and His Child" about a toy mouse and his son who are wound at the father's back like a music box and they dance in a circle. Something happens and they end up being thrown out in the trash and begin a quest to become "self-winding". It's a great story with no real one bad guy or good guy, but with good morals and none of the syrup-sweet disney messages that most movies have today. I would recommend it for anyone interested in a great story. Check out imdb's take here: The Mouse and His Child (1977) Thanks for all who wracked they're brains with me!
    Youngbull Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 11:19 AM
    "The other one is all cartoon with mice, at one point it has a female mouse standing in front of an emty can of dog food ith a very creepy dog on the cover. It then does the mirror room thing with hundreds of the same can getting smaller and smaller in the background overlapping eachother. Thats all i can remember

these have been driving me insane can't anyone remeber these?

i know the one with the mice was a lot like the rescuers in the way they were drawn"
    I have been putting up things for this movie for months
    THANK GOD!!
    Now anychance anyone can remember one with a little girl going to the aqarium? I had both of these movie open in the same quiestion for me
    MiPeanutbutter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 04:54 PM
    I think the one with the girls going to the Aquarium is the Waterbabies. But I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who remembered this movie! My husband thought I was crazy! Love this website I confused to movies in one but I found them both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

80's magical nymph cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have been perterbed by this question for a very long time. Back in the early 80's, I was obsessed about a children's movie that contained a water nymph and a earth/fire nymph. The water nymph was a beautiful girl with blue, grey and purple tones, I think she lived in something...

80's cartoon movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay all I remember is on character (gnomish) had a candle on his head, and at some point they were going over a dark lake with spikes coming out of it, also at some point I remember this line, "Arise fairies and dance," proceeding by fairies emerging from a ring of mushrooms and dancing in a...

80's cartoon title [ 8 Answers ]

I'm remembering a cartoon I watched in the early 80's but can't remember the title. I was about a village of fairies or sprits that was having a festival (I think) and there was a dancer (name was something like rose or lilly maybe) She was supposed to preform at this festival. And there was...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

View more questions Search