Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Getting mixed signals in my relationship
    My potential wife went to Costa Rica for 10 days with a girlfriend of hers. She sent me 2 emails in 10 days saying she's too busy to write but she misses and love me so much. She took an emergency cell phone in case she wanted to call me. Not once did she call in 10 days. I tried several times trying to reach her at her multiple hotels but I couldn't, so I had to wait to hear from her. I didn't, so what does that say when out of one breath she loves and misses me so much but she couldn't find 1 minute of free time just to call and say Hello in 10 days?
    aunt1976 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2009, 04:21 PM

First, try not to think she doesn't love you something might has happened. If she calls and she finally calls and she still says she was just to busy to call. Take her word but... research her see if she acts different than she did before she left and everything else will fall in place. Good Luck!
    aunt1976 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2009, 04:23 PM
    One more thing its easier to call and say I love you than to email anyway
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 04:30 PM
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Although I must admit, if she was on vacation then why the heck would she be too "busy" to call? It makes no sense but we won't worry about that right now. As the previous poster said, observe her behavior after she returns from this trip ; that'll be worth more scrutiny that worrying about what she does while she's away.
    wth_happened Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2009, 09:21 PM

She is on vacation... taking a break from everything. I just did that last week myself. I just needed me time. She will come around and like the others have said don't worry about it. See she is away and relaxing and enjoying herself... you are at home, probably bored without her.
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Aug 6, 2009, 05:02 AM

This to me I can only interpret as "your not important enough in my life to spend 1 minute of my day to let you know how i feel"

But that's me. Don't listen to me. I'm pessimistic.
    wth_happened Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Yes, but if you show this side of you as needy and insecure... it will push her further away. You need to keep busy, she will be home soon.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 08:15 AM

I just returned from a three week trip to China. On this trip, every day was chock full of activities, teachings, vacation "stuff," and time with my fellow-travelers. Most of the time, my phone was out of service, my internet didn't work, or I couldn't get to an internet café.

Granted, my three weeks were a lot longer than 10 days, but I called home maybe twice. Emailed every week at least once or twice. Does this mean that I love my family less? Of course not.

Does this mean I was busy having a vacation? Definitely.

Talk to her about it if it bothers you. Every relationship has to be built upon communication, honesty, and trust.

Be honest. Communicate. Trust.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 10:13 AM

I think you're the problem. Can't a g/f enjoy herself without you?

Take a chill pill, and deal with your ISSUES.
    ineedhelplease Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
    I would say on a vacation, kind of let them be. Let her have a nice time enjoy the place, its not that she doesn't love you she's just.. on a vacation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed signals [ 6 Answers ]

After playing hot and cold with me, my b/f with whom I broke up coupla months back and then asked him to come back, have been sending messages like OK, let's meet for 1 hr or so to spend some time in a motel... what is he doing?. I mean he could've asked me out for lunch if he wished to really...

How do I get through the mixed signals [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, This is a tricky one really and I'm at the point where I don't have a clue what is gong on. I met this guy a little while ago and knew immediately that there was an attraction (on both sides I believe). Unfortunately I wasn't ready to jump into anything as I'd left a long term relationship...

Why the mixed signals from her? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been out with this girl a few times. We met through mutual friends 2 months ago. We are both quite hectic with work, social lives etc, so it has been quite a slow burner with us meeting for a date every 10 days or so. I have been happy with that, we speak a bit in between, mainly by...

View more questions Search