Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hels_Bells Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2004, 11:13 PM
    Iexplore not responding
    For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar.
    When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end task and then the computer freezes and 6/10 times, crashes and I have to reboot.
    Any suggestions greatly received, urgently now as I'm getting really annoyed with technology!!
    PCgamer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2004, 10:46 AM
    Re: iexplore not responding
    This could be several things, but first of all as I recommend in almost every situation involving non responsive programs and/or computer sluggishness, download Ad-Aware and run it. It will search for any spyware and adware that you may have picked up.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Try this first, and if it doesn't work after deleting any spyware/adware discovered by Ad-Aware, follow-up with another reply.
    Hels_Bells Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2004, 03:19 PM
    Re: iexplore not responding
    Hi there, Thank-you for taking the time to help out, but it is sorted now... Had to delete hard drive and start again... boo hoo :'(
    PCgamer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 10:46 AM
    Iexplore not responding
    Ah that's no fun, but glad that it's working. You still ought to work on getting some kind of software to keep your PC clean of spyware/adware as this kind of stuff is very popular now, and it can cause many problems.

I have had 3 people in the past 2 months at work come to me because either (1) their computers were running very sluggishly (2) Programs such as IE not responding.

All 3 cases, I ran ad aware, and deleted the findings. All 3 cases, problem solved.
    Island_guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2004, 08:07 AM
    Iexplore not responding
    Hi PC Gamer, Thanks I was having exactly the same problem and after running Adaware all was OK.
    Cheers
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2004, 10:37 AM
    It could be spyware related but I would go to www.trendmicro.com and run a free online virus scan just to rule it out. Normally, when spyware is involved, a virus is usually somewhere near by.

I would also try the Spyware/Adware Removal Kit. It is available for FREE at the link below for a limited time. I think there is only 5 days left. After that, it goes back to the regular price.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:18 AM
    Help
    I would also suggest running more than adware as I have several programs and many times one finds things the others do not.

Spysweeper
    Microsofts new spyware, formerly known as Giant Anti Spyware
    Spyware Eliminator
    Spybot

Also Fix it Utilities is an excellent program to have.

I would also suggest Downloading and trying Firefox 1.0 browser, faster and much better than Internet explorer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer not responding [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I'm trying to switch on my PC but it just beeps and nothing is displayed. Please help me to get it working

Bureau not responding to dispute. What next? [ 3 Answers ]

So Im helping a friend clean up his credit (which I have done many times in the past) and I have run into a little problem. Experian is NOT responding to his requests. We resent the dispute certified to get a signature card showing that it was received and we got the card back showing that it was...

Iexplore not responding [ 6 Answers ]

For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar. When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end...

Page linknot responding [ 2 Answers ]

When on the Web Site: IFILM, I click on an item to be played, there is no response :-[as it usually is. In stead I receive an error message that says PAGE ERROR. The details say something about Java Script. What is wrong? IFILM help was no Help. Charles

View more questions Search