Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honda97sw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 02:13 PM
    1997 Honda Steering Won't Lock
    I recently got a set of new tires on my 1997 Honda Civic LX- Automatic and now the steering wheel won't lock. Plus when I make a turn and turn on my turn signal it will not automatically turn off. Is it possible that the place I had put on my new tires damaged my steering wheel or does it have something to do with how the new tires were installed? Has anyone had a problem similar to this one before? Also, I can turn the steering wheel almost a full 360 degrees which I had never done before. :confused:
    Tracy11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by honda97sw
    I recently got a set of new tires on my 1997 Honda Civic LX- Automatic and now the steering wheel won't lock. Plus when I make a turn and turn on my turn signal it will not automatically turn off. Is it possible that the place I had put on my new tires damaged my steering wheel or does it have something to do with how the new tires were installed? Has anyone had a problem similar to this one before? Also, I can turn the steering wheel almost a full 360 degrees which I had never done before. :confused:
    My daughter has a 1997 honda Civic Lx. She has put new tires on it and now her signal light will not automatically turn off, and the steering feels loose. She had the steering all checked out and had the switch replaced to do with the signal light. It worked for about 5 weeks and then something broke again. Now they are telling her that the is some type of rod that crosses over this box and it had slipped down. Today they have fixed it and the steering seems to be tight again and the signal light will now turn off on its own. I am not sure if her steering wheel locks but this sounds similar to her situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non starting 1997/8 Honda Civic Coupe [ 25 Answers ]

Hi. My son has a 1997/8 Honda Civic Coupe with a 1600 fuel injected engine. (UK spec). He recently had a light front end shunt and since then the engine will not run. The engine turns over but will not fire up. The garage that has done the bodywork have replaced the distributor with a new one,...

1997 Chey Cavalier [ 82 Answers ]

Okay, I hope someone can help me with mycar problem. I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier with about 157K miles on it. In Sept 2005 I had a new transmission put in. Well all was fine until about late May. It began this kind of "burping" feeling under the hood. It has had a tune up, new plug...

Craftsman 917270940 Steering [ 2 Answers ]

I just picked up a used Craftsman riding mower. The steering is very loose. It appears to be between the Sector Gear and the Steering wheel. Any suggestions? Is this common?

1997 Honda Accord Cigarette Lighter woes [ 0 Answers ]

Ok - a cigarette lighter replacement I should be able to handle, right? Maybe not. I cannot seem to get "behind" the plastic shroud to gain access to the guts of the cigarette lighter housing. Can someone give me instructions or a "guide" or a "drawing" which shows how to get to it? The replacement...

View more questions Search