Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    th3 confus3d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Xbox live NAT connection
    I have a problem. I'm trying to play xbox live with my friend but my NAT connetion is strict how can I change it?:confused:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 05:12 PM

Check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 11:46 PM

I'll explain what needs to be done, if you're computer literate then you can just do it if not then the link above is your best bet.

First off in order to have an open or moderate NAT the port which xbox uses must be modified,you have to open the port/ or port forward on your router. This port is 3074... it depends on the router that you have on how you go about doing this.

If it's a Linksys (which is what I have) then its under the Access and Restrictions tab of your routers web GUI... from there type a name for the application for example type your initials then xbox so you know it's a forward for your xbox... then where it asks start port end port, put 3074 in both boxes... protocol leave as both and then in the IP box finish the box with the IP of your xbox, then simply enable this by clicking the box and saving your changes and then it should be moderate if not completely open...

If this all sounds to difficult then maybe the link above would be more helpful...

Good Luck...

Rick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing a connection with a xbox 360 and a ps3 [ 1 Answers ]

I have att.net dsl using a motorola modem and a network everywhere 5-port hub, model NH1005-WM. I want to share my internet connection with my xbox and ps3. I plug my PC into the uplink port(not sure what the uplink is) on the hub the modem to 1 and the game console to 2. I can get a...

How to set up Xbox live [ 9 Answers ]

I have most of the info...

Xbox 360 live connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, the other day I tried to set up xbox live, but when I tried putting my ethernet cable (which came with my xbox 360) into the back port of my speedtouch 330 modem, I found out it did not fit. What should I do, e.g, buy a wireless router, or are there any other cheaper and just as reliable...

View more questions Search