Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dijana85 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 04:55 AM
    Twilight prom night.don't get it
    Hi. I'm not quite sure about one thing. In a movie called twilight the main caracters edward and bella are going to a prom. And I read and saw a lot of information about 'new moon' about them going again to school. How? In my country every person has to go only to one prom night... when they are in the last year of high school. And when they go to a prom it's over with school. And that's it. But I don't understand what's the system in the u.s.a?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2009, 05:19 AM

In the US Proms are generally held before the final day of classes. So it is not unusual for the students to have a few more days or even weeks before graduation day (which generally IS after classes end).

Also, it is certainly possible for a student to go to more than one prom. Very often students date outside their class, meaning a senior may be dating a junior. In such a situation, the junior may go their partner's senior prom and again to their own senior prom. Either accompanied by the same partner (who would then be attneding their 2nd prom) or a different partner.
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Aug 2, 2009, 05:30 AM

In the school I graduated from, we had junior and senior prom. In the town I live in now, there is only junior prom. It's different for every school.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 2, 2009, 05:40 AM

In the school I went to you could go to the school ball in years 10, 11 and 12.
    dijana85 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 06:25 AM

Thank you so much. Nice to know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rob Pattinsin Twilight [ 7 Answers ]

Do U happen to know what is the name of the piano piece Rob Pattinson plays here (the page is in Russian, so just click "to listen" to the right from Rob Pattinson "Bella's Song"): Robert Pattinson - Bella`s song скачать бесплатно mp3 download скачать без регистрации Robert Pattinson - Bella`s...

Twilight Series [ 16 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I was just curious if anyone else out there is reading the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I was recently introduced to them by a friend, and I I went into a " three day book coma" hah, and read all three books in three days. Granted I had to take occasional breaks through out the...

Prom day/night [ 4 Answers ]

Like I'm going 2 prom and like its my jr year and like I didn't want 2 go at first because I was wanting to go my sr year but my friends kept talking me into so I finally decided to go and plus why best friiend that's not going 2 my school anymore is going so I'm going for her but the thing is were...

When during prom night should I ask her out? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the situation. About 2 months ago I found out that this girl wanted me to take her to our high school prom. I have known her all of my life but have never really hung out or done anything together. I got to know her over the last couple of months and asked her to be my date for prom. She...

Twilight [ 3 Answers ]

Will altitude has an effect on , Astronomical , Nautical and Civil Twilight Thannk you.

View more questions Search