Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beanie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2004, 07:36 PM
    AVG Anti Virus getting erros
    ??
    Hi
    Using Winxp Home I can install the free version (not the trial) the actual free version of AVG anti virus, the install is OK
    When I try to open it and use it I get a "Missing DLL SHELL" error

AVG will not help because I am using the "free" version
    Any ideas? Have uninstalled and reinstalled after restarting several time... same error every time

:'(
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2004, 10:40 AM
    I would go to www.trendmicro.com to run a free online virus scan. It may be a virus that is keeping you from installing the AVG program. This is not uncommon behavior for virus attacks. Running the online scan, alleviates this common problem.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Jan 15, 2005, 09:31 AM
    If the above does not work, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the product. If you cannot remove it from the add/remove programs menu, then do a search for AVG and delete every file that comes up in the search. When performing the search, make sure that you have chosen the "more options" and have chosen to search all files and folders including hidden files. Once this is complete, you may now try to either uninstall the program or simply reinstall the program again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best anti-keylogger program? [ 11 Answers ]

I find it despicable that keylogging programs have been invented to spy on your spouse, children, gilrfriend, boyfriend, employees, friends and enemies. Why haven't these programs been outlawed? Just because national spy agencies are using them doesn't mean that everyone can have a licence to...

AVG Anti-Virus Scan Question [ 3 Answers ]

I have AVG Anti-Virus free edition. When I run a full system scan manually, the test comes back complete with no virus found and no errors. However, when I schedule a test to run automatically at a specific time, the result always comes back with 13 viruses found. Specifically, various trojan...

Anti-Virus download problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has an older Dell PC with Windows98SE and has been unable to download any of the free anti-virus or anti-spyware programs (which I have downloaded on my newer WinXP PC). When attempting to download nothing happens - no error message, etc. Any help will be appreciated. Jlh

Norton Anti Virus Protection [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone use this, if so, I need help. I know that with window updates, you need to download all critical updates. I assumed the same to be true with this program. Guys I normally use the computer in my office, that is maintained by a computer department. So I am learning the hard way. As...

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search