Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatubagu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Board of Directors

Can the four officers who sit on the Board of Directors change & create new policies & procedures while deliberately excluding three members of the full Board?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2009, 07:10 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

If they represent a majority of the board they can.
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Yours truly is not a lawyer, but based on observations and opinion, the majority of the members can revise and introduce new policies in the absence of the other 3 members most especially if they have been notified of the meeting and just failed to show up.

It would be another story if they were not notified at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Officers and Board of Directors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between board of directors and officers?

501c3 Board of Directors [ 3 Answers ]

I am on the board of directors of a 501c3 corporation. Another member of our board wants to have our website post a link to her website which is a for profit business. I have a problem with this because she is trying to profit her business from our website. Is this legal?

What are the rights of the Former Directors? [ 2 Answers ]

I bought the shares of my former partner in 2006. We signed all papers stating she would have no financial claims against the company starting form the day she sold the shares. Now she is asking me to provide her with the papers on revenue and other payments in 2006 claiming she wants to get the...

Directors Cut DVD [ 2 Answers ]

Hi--Can anyone tell me what is the difference between a Director's Cut Version DVD to a Full Screen or Wide Screen---Thanks!!

View more questions Search