Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary108099 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 03:38 PM
    How much wine per table?
    My wedding I want to limit the alcohol intake because a few family members have drinking problems, and I do NOT want a bunch of drunks at my wedding. So I was going to limit one bottle of white and one bottle of red to each table of 8 people. Is that enough?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 03:44 PM
    I think you should do 2 white and 2 red, because some people don't drink one or the other. If everyone drinks white, it will be gone with 4 people.

Or you could have the caterer replenish the empty bottle, but limit it to just one refill.
    pauper79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 12:35 PM

The standard rule of thumb used by caterers is half a bottle of wine per person (see this page on wedding drinks). If you are spreading this out over the whole meal, with food, then people shouldn't get too drunk. So I would agree with JD and go for 2+2 bottles per table. If you are using caterers then perhaps have someone point out the problem family members in advance, so they can go easy on the refils?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 07:49 AM
    One bottle of wine is 4 glasses. I agreee that you should have two and two to allow for the taste of the guests. This will still limit it to an average of 2 drinks per person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

To Wine Or Not [ 1 Answers ]

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't: As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at...

Wine value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bottle of DELAS FRERES 1994 COTES-DU-VENTOUX and I would like to give it as a gift to my boss. Is this wine still good and is it a tasteful gift or just cheap wine?

Wine Value [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much a 1972 magnum of Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux is worth? Any ideas?

Red Wine [ 5 Answers ]

After I open a bottle of red wine how should it be stored and for how long will it be good?

View more questions Search