Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeC2558 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 03:10 AM
    Advice for the Future
    Hello,

My name is Michael Conti and I知 currently a student at the University of Las Vegas, Nevada. I知 currently pursuing and engineering degree and have hit a pivotal point in my life. For the past year or so I have been wondering about possible career choices. I知 at a loss for what I should do. I suppose that since I知 only a freshmen with less then 30 credits, I really should not worry about such things so much, but I sometimes its simply overwhelming. For years I have had thoughts of traveling, a career where I知 able to experience the world and at the same time pursue greater educational aspects.
    At times I feel lost. I知 confused with what road I should take. I知 wondering if I should stay with engineering even though as of now I don稚 feel confident in it or if I should turn to a different aspect. I feel that I may not be happy in technology, that in the end it may not be as rewarding as something else. I can only say that I do enjoy computers but I知 uncertain about making it a career.
    For the past two semesters I have not performed well. I feel that my concentration is not where it needs to be. I feel that my talents and abilities are best suited for activities that are not merely based in the classroom. I知 in no way a poor student I feel that there are other avenues that I want to pursue. I want to travel and I知 planning a trip to Europe next year. I知 really wondering what I should do.
    I don稚 hesitate in saying that I want my degree, it痴 simply that I don稚 know what I will do once I知 out of school.

I hope that you can help me. Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks
    POSHA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Hi Mike, I am also a student who is as frustrated as you are about school. I am a student at the University of the Free State in South Africa! Im studying Marketing and It is my first year but I'm telling you, it isn't fun. Back in high school, I used to be the best in my school and my region, but now I seem to be a nobody. I can't seem to get anything right. I don't know whether I chose the wrong course or what, but what I can say is, take a break. Take a gap year to think things through and thouroughly. It might just work for you. Respond and tell me what you think.

Posha
    Caracalla Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
    Perhaps, Exchange Student will help, because you get to travel and spend
    Substantial `enough` time to seriously find your interests + you learn to speak
    Different languages. The only downfall is that people will abuse your privacy if you don't pay attention or if they see that you are not focused on your goals.
    REGARDS

Caracalla

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Future changes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I'm talking with this person who was born 1-12-71 and my DOB is 1-16-64l, is there a potential relationship there? Also, thinking about making a career/state change, anything look favorable? Thanks for your time! Bri :)

Future [ 1 Answers ]

My name is ghulam raza my dob is 12/06/1970 I am facing great problems in money matters when will my financial condition will be better

Future [ 3 Answers ]

My dob is 24472 When will I become successful in my career as much as I wish to.

Future [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, could you tell me what the future has in store for us in the next 6 months? Thanks so much Sherri-DOB-2/21/64 Jim-DOB-8/24/71

View more questions Search