Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheila Peat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Reconfiguration of Wireless router
    Because of intermittant connection I have been told to reconfigure my wireless router How do I do this please
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Aug 1, 2009, 12:27 PM

Have you taken any measures to enhance the propagation of radio signals between the router and the client computers? Try things like moving the router so that metal and or electrical items like computer cases, displays (computer or TV), file cabinets and HVAC ducts aren't near a line between the router and the client computer's wireless network adaptor. Some routers can benefit from longer range antennas available at some networking product retailers.

Some routers use portions of the radio spectrum that is also useed by devices like cordless phones, two way radios, wireless intercoms and baby monitors. Sometimes transmissions by those devices interfere with the wireless network. Wireless router frequency utilization varies depending on which version(s) of wireless networking standards it supports. Consult your router's manual for ways to change the "channel" your router operates on. The procedure resembles filling a form on a web site. Some routers might include virtual manuals on a CD instead of actual printed manuals. Some manufacturers even have manuals that can be downloaded from the support section of their web site.

It's difficult for anyone to be very specific unless you post make and model numbers of your router. The letter at the end of the specification the router supports (starts with 802.11) may also be helpful. Report any labeling on your wireless household products (phones etc) that end in "Mhz".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Wireless Printer and wireless router [ 3 Answers ]

I have a wireless printer, with a wireless router. I set up the printer through my router and the printer connects. But when I go to print it will not. I did a test page from the printer and everything passes. I do not understand. This does the same thing on 2 computers. Randy

Router reconfiguration [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Iam using 1700cisco router in our company.I have lost all data in this router when the poweoff.but I have configuration file in excel sheet.I want to know that how should I reconfigure this file to my router,

View more questions Search