Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 5, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiedust123 View Post
    Okay, then tell me how am I supposed to know what God's will is. I mentioned before that I tried talking and everything but I dont get answers on what I'm supposed to be doing. I know of people who are so devoted and stuff then that's when they hear what God wants them to do.

If that's the only way to hear God, or know of God's will.. (by being so into the bible, etc) I dont think I can do it. It's not like I didnt try... no matter how hard I tried (and I did try my best) I still don't seem to hear anything.

I hope this isnt confusing, it's just kinda difficult putting my thoughts and annoyance into words.
    It is simply to love God and to love others. Luke 10:27.

This is a process, not an instantaneous event. An ongoing present tense dialogue. No I don't hear the voice of God, But His word is in the Bible. Start with the Gospels.

If you think you are losing faith - know that there is the parable of the prodigal.
    All the world has an answer of this world to the question of meaning, suffering, purpose.
    Whether you have faith in God or not, the answer is not to turn inward or to pursue self indulgence. Others have gone before us - they use drugs or alcohol or materialism or self knowledge. You can go these ways but I tell you that there is no answer there.

The joy behind your suffering that there is a God that loves you beyond your imagination.
    I hope you grow and discover this.

G&P
    Pixiedust123 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    First let me say I am not Catholic, however I am Christian, and I strongly believe in Christ.

What I would ask you is who is the winner?

We can be so weak at times, and give into our own weakness. We blame God when instead we should open our eyes. Are there others around us that lead us? Are we accepting, and being held accountable to others, and their actions. Why do we not see, what we have accepted and made ourselves accountable to?

Are we so in love with the mistreatment of that r/s, that we don't see that it hurt us?

I don't believe God reached down, and took the r/s away. I believe instead that God sees the pain you are suffering. And God can give you HIS help "if" you stay tune to HIS open door.

Is there something learned during our experiences in life? Most assuredly we do become stronger from our weakness. What I would say is stand with God, and allow HIM to carry you for now.. But when the time comes to stand strong, remember who can guide you to be a stronger. Pray that weakness of flesh bows down and flees from you, so no harm is caused to you or others.

Compare your pain to what Christ suffered on earth: For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. (otherwise there is no hope)
    I get your point, but I still feel very let down.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 5, 2009, 11:50 PM

Sorry, we, and I think I speak for most here at AMHD feel your pain and will listen to what you have to say.

G&P

Aug 6, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    It is simply to love God and to love others. Luke 10:27.

This is a process, not an instantaneous event. An ongoing present tense dialogue. No I don't hear the voice of God, But His word is in the Bible. Start with the Gospels.

If you think you are losing faith - know that there is the parable of the prodigal.
    All the world has an answer of this world to the question of meaning, suffering, purpose.
    Whether you have faith in God or not, the answer is not to turn inward or to pursue self indulgence. Others have gone before us - they use drugs or alcohol or materialism or self knowledge. You can go these ways but I tell you that there is no answer there.

The joy behind your suffering that there is a God that loves you beyond your imagination.
    I hope you grow and discover this.

G&P

I think.. I will start reading the bible. I want to see if it can apply to my daily life. The gospels? What else will you.. suggest?

I know for sure Im not like.. going to turn inward or to pursue self indulgence as you say. Sure, it makes me happy but only short term.

THAT'S my joy?? I find it so.. strange that that's good enough for people to believe they're suffering isn't in vain.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 05:43 AM

My suggestions are the link I posted on page 1
    Post #20

1 Corinthians 13
    Romans
    Luke 6:20-26 & 43-49
    1 kings 19:11 & 12

Do a Bible study on trials and long suffering.

This link is a good start too
    http://www.christianlibrary.org/auth..._Jr/phil14.htm
    mary79 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
    SO much has gone on wrong in my life. Sometimes I sit here and I ask myself "how did I get here". I tell God that I don't understand how it ended up this way. I just don't understand. I think of Job. He lost everything. His children, his wealth, and even his own health. My children are gone but they are not dead. They are adopted now. I miss them terribly, and yet I can't imagine what it would be like if they were dead. They are fine. I just miss them. They were sexually abused. For years actually, and I didn't know. I had a boyfriend who use to hit on me, and I loved him so much. So now I'm like what the heck it going on. I'm so tired of this guilt and blame that I feel. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to live, yet I don't deserve to die. Maybe I deserve to suffer. Well I take my stand like Job. I don't blame God. I try my best not to ask him why because he is God. I do tell him I don't understand why this is happening or how I got here.

I believe God has shown me some of the reasons life turned out so bad, and so full of pain. First off, my children were born with a purpose. I believe they have a high calling in God's kingdom. They loved church and Jesus. But somewhere in there I decided to do drugs and party with my friends. I was having sex out of marriage as well. So I opened this door to let Satan come in our lives. While I was out partying my kids were getting raped by my father. And people told me that I needed to be careful because if he found his way in he would steal everything from me. And he did. But my actions and my sins gave him the right to destroy my life. So now my kids are gone. I am reminded of the times I use to tell them to leave me alone so I can sleep. (after a night of partying) So who did they have to go to? My father. He watched them while I slept through the day. Now I know why he did. So here I am and I hate to know that I let Satan steal from me what meant the most to me. And he's in hell right now laughing at every tear I cry. So I thank God for allowing me to birth these 3 beautiful girls into this world. I thank him for the time I had being their mom. Hearing them laugh. Them picking flowers for me and telling me how much they loved me. Even though it's gone now, I thank him that at one time he allowed me to have that life. Satan wants me to blame him. He wants me to take my life and let him have my soul. He has fought for it since I was a child. Just like he is trying with my children. But I won't let him win. He thinks he won. Cause everything hurts right now. I have no joy. Just guilt. Blame. Shame. Anger. It's all there. But I will never give up on Jesus. Somehow he thinks I can handle this. When I took the knife and imagined myself dead in a pool of blood, God reminded me that my girls would hurt even more if I died. Satan would win. So I ruled out suicide. And as for my faith, I won't let him stael that from me. It's the one thing he can't take.

Don't let the trials of this world make you lose your faith. It is called "apostacy" (matt 24:9-13) or falling away from the faith. So God knows this is going to happen. We must be strong. One day you will be blessed with another relationship (hopefully a saved person). And you will wonder why you ever let this one affect you so much. Jesus didn't have to suffer for us, but he chose to. And the pain of it wasn't strong enough for him to give up and NOT die for us.

Aug 7, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Pixie,
    I was raised Roman Catholic, went to those schools, the whole nine yards. It never really caught on with me. I'm atheist now, so is my wife and kids and life is good (not that it wasn't before). Just wanted you to see one option available to you. Not having a belief is not the end of the world.
    I don't reply to those who tell me to give up my faith. Because as much as I don't understand why I have to suffer, I still don't want to completely ditch my faith. I'm also raised as a Roman Catholic and now at this point when I am not having much faith it feels kind of lonely. I don't know if you can understand but having that invisible means of support made me feel better at times cause I know Im not alone. But then, there are times like these when I feel so low and clouded by my emotions my faith wavers.

I understand when you tell me that there are other options available. This is why I replied because you're not suggesting that I give up:) But.. I just feel lost. So now that you're an atheist, where do you believe you'll go after death?

Aug 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    My suggestions are the link I posted on page 1
    post #20

1 Corinthians 13
    Romans
    Luke 6:20-26 & 43-49
    1 kings 19:11 & 12

Do a Bible study on trials and long suffering.

This link is a good start too
    HOW TO RUN THE CHRISTIAN RACE WITH JOY
    Sorry, I guess I overlooked your suggestions on page one:/

Thank you for the advice and I will try and see if I can bring back my faith. Like I said, I obviously don't want to ditch my faith but at times like these when my faith wavers and is practically at an all time low, I really don't understand why I should bother trying anymore to believe that God is still there, you know?

I really hope that this isn't boring you or anything and it's just kind of unbelievable that there are people out there who are interested in helping total, random strangers.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:52 AM
    So now that youre an atheist, where do you believe you'll go after death?
    I don't worry about afterlife, I worry about this life, here and now. I made a decision not to live in fear: fear of hell, fear of being smitten, etc. I don't care about eternity, I care about 80-90 years we have, that's enough for me. So far, so good:)
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2009, 06:46 AM
    I get your point, but I still feel very let down.
    I know... but I pray that you can look at this one day and see it differently... AND that your heart will trust that God's love is faithful to you...

God loves you, it is HIS promise.
    Flesh Posts: 24, Reputation: 7

Aug 12, 2009, 07:44 PM

The Bible is the only book that does not lie, and its states clearly
    John 8:42-8:47 NIV

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God, and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my launguage not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is not truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell ther truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you beleive me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

Remember my brothers in Christ, this is not our home, we are on enemy territory, this was once Gods place for us, but it was tainted by sin of course to the sinner it does not hurt to sin, and for a man of the world the world is not an unpleasent place, but to a man of God, we fight the natural order of this world, for our greater reward, these men live for there 80 years, let them have it, I live for enternity with God, is it painful for me here, yes but I know that means I am obvously pissing the prince of this world off pretty bad, worldy people do not understand God, in fact the Bible states they can not, it also states that a man can not serve two masters (remeber the Bible does not lie) I say to the man who is struggling with faith, know that it is the worst life to live, you are serving two masters and your pain will never end, choose who you like, but know the reality do not be deceived by what your eyes see, remember the enemies greatest weapon is making us focus on "real" things "real" life. The life of a man who has complete faith in God is a life of peace, even in massive pain. Jesus is the greatest example of this by far, how many people do you think truly cared about Jesus, 14? The twelve, and Mary and Mary, they loved and cared for him, now by the time his life was over and he was on the cross all of them but 2 had betrayed him, in his last hours Jesus was alone... even God left him while he was on the cross, but he still had faith, and was rewarded with a new enternal body (the first btw) throughout his life Jesus showed what it means to live in this world as a Christian, if you live for the pleasures of this world and want God, you are in the most painful place, you will not find peace ever, if you seek God with all your faith and put your trust only in him, you will have the life of a Christ, painful, sad, taunted,crushed smashed and bruised, no one believed him, not even his disicples in the end, they had to see him resurrected do not forget this. God can grant you a peace in all of this though, you just have to understand God does not give you what you want in this world, but what you need to grow closer to him, are reward is not this life but the next, and worldy men, they have this life, but not the next, it is stated cleary time and time again, that men of this world will fit in, they will feel good here. Followers of Christ will be exiles, it does not lie, The only time, and I am not lying that I feel truly happy in this world is when I am surrounded by my brothers and sisters and doing my Gods work, and I will always do just that, if I were to pursue anything of the world, I would reject God and go because I could not serve two masters, I could be happy in this world, but I sacrifice that for God, I know he is real, I feel him, I see him in my people, they are different from this world and in them I see something beyond the "Get some" society we live in. The reason I know that Christ is real because its hard to follow him, I know he is real because the Bible is complex to the point that no man could have made it up, and yet the things it speaks, if you can hear (note a man of the world CAN NOT HEAR, it is not possible it states this in the bible) speak to each and everyone of us, to our hearts and as believers we can all see it, and yet the world can not, its seems folly to them (just as the bible said it would) but to us it speaks, God has taught me so much through my suffering that when I am in pain this is my prayer. "God thank you for this trial, thank you for giving me an opportunity to rely on you, to grow closer to you, but please lets make this quick ;p) If God is testing you the only way you will fail is if you do not follow him that is what he is testing nothing more nothing less, he is checking out your faith!!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 08:59 PM
    I think we are in the time of the great apostasy even though Christianity is advancing in many parts of the world. Just remember it is all about Jesus and our relationship with him, so commit yourself anew and look to be led by him. Perhaps you need to get rid of some of the background noise so you can hear the still small voice, try having a quiet time and be still. Sometimes it can seem that heaven has a low ceiling made of brass but get into some worship and let go and let God
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2009, 11:57 PM

We all suffer, every one of us. It's a part of life. It's not necessarily a bad thing either. Pain makes you stronger. You can't have joy without sorrow. The harder things get, the more rewarding those great times will be! Don't expect god to answer prayers in your favor all the time. Don't expect him to make everything perfect. It isn't meant to be perfect. You have to trust God. Don't worry he knows what he's doing ;)
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2009, 12:35 AM

When I began doubting my faith, I started having terrifying realistic nightmares of being possessed. I was so scared and kept praying but still always had doubts. I kept praying and praying out of fear but I still didn't feel it in my heart that I truly believed without a doubt. I prayed for soooooo long for him to guide me, make me strong, give me faith, help me understand, help me accept Jesus without just saying that I do. I was in this stage for about 3 years. I don't really know what did it but my faith grew, starting with the guy I met in college telling me about the bible and his father doing the same. What really made my faith grow so strong was actually on the worst day of my life.

I was taking care of my dying grandfather who I prefer to call dad. He raised me, was such a wonderful, loving and caring man, he was my favorite human being. And he was slowly and miserably dying from lung cancer spreading through his body.
    I took care of him for a week, hardly ever sleeping. It was so hard to see him dying before my eyes. I always dreaded the day it would happen I didn't know what I would do without him. A few days before he died he was so extremely restless. He had no strength to hold up his own body but refused to lay down. He said he saw his grandmother who had raised him and his German Shepard who he loved soooo much and who had died a few years before. The nurses said many people near their death have these same "delusions". It was a beautiful thought that he saw his loved ones and I can't wait for me to see him and so many others when it's my time. But still, the day he did die I cried so hard and for so long that I had a hard time breathing and my body was shaking violently and uncontrollably. My finance took me out to a big empty parking lot to walk and talk while I balled my eyes out, nearly screaming. Suddenly I saw the brightest light ever bring my eyes from the blacktop to the sky. It was the brightest green shooting star moving in our direction. As soon as I saw the light I was filled with instant joy. I just stopped crying. Just stopped. And I felt so wonderful for absolutely no reason. But now I know it was from god. It's been a year now but I am still in pain. I still think about him every day and I still stare at his pictures crying for hours. But I just feel that it's fine to feel this pain and it will pass. Morning is a part of it all. I still feel joy in knowing he is so unimaginably happy and that I will be someday too with him. It all just made my faith in god stronger. It made me follow the bible more strictly. It made me hardly fearful of my own death.

I think that experience was a time when my faith was tested and making it through it has made my faith so strong and unbreakable and it feels so liberating and I finally feel at peace. All the hardships I go through now seem like nothing.

For example, I'm in college and can't afford rent and my dad kicked me out and I had to live in a tent with my dog and finance for 3 months. But instead of self loathing and suffering I thought of it as a nice long camping trip. I love camping. Nothing really matters anymore because I have faith in god and nothing could possibly be better than that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snotbubble View Post
    It was a beautiful thought that he saw his loved ones and i can't wait for me to see him and so many others when it's my time. but still, the day he did die i cried so hard and for so long that i had a hard time breathing and my body was shaking violently and uncontrollably. my finance took me out to a big empty parking lot to walk and talk while i balled my eyes out, nearly screaming.
    What appears to have escapes your memory after, was that God had shown your Granddad what would be his returning unto God. Through your Granddad's visions, like so many other people, you were also being told to find joy in God's plan for eternal life.

Faith is that we hold the reality of eternal life, that as Christ did raise, we also will raise and return home in heaven. There is no sadness or sorrow in faith. We should not get caught up in our lives on earth as being the relativism of our souls.

The fact is that here on earth is the sorrow that bring birth of new life. And actually death/final as it can sound, would be satan in eternal darkness. We have been spared from death because God has delivered us, redeemed us by HIS love in giving us life eternal.

What I would say concerning your experience of grief, is that when the body is shaking uncontrollably, it is the Holy Spirit within the body. (Warning perhaps)

And I trust the shaken body is the Holy Spirit saying listen to me in joy because your Granddad has raised. Have Faith child for I love all my children.

~in Christ
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:37 AM
    The joy behind your suffering that there is a God that loves you beyond your imagination.[/B]

THAT'S my joy??!?!?? I find it so .. strange that that's good enough for people to believe they're suffering isn't in vain.
    I don't get that either. Generally when the bible speaks of such a joy it's referring to finding joy in being persecuted or tested for the cause of Christ. I have difficulty believing God wants the "joy" of suffering to be good enough since Jesus said He came so we could have life "more abundantly." I guess that can mean a lot of things, though so I suppose we do need to look for reasons to be joyful.

Anyway, I could go on about my own trials and sufferings but I won't. Just know you're not alone, God loves you and we all lose our faith once in a while... but God is always there.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 12:21 PM
    I really hope that this isn't boring you or anything and it's just kinda unbelievable that there are people out there who are interested in helping total, random strangers.
    Here is a thought for you that is written in scripture.

Hebrew 13:1-2Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Pixiedust123,
    Yes there is a God and He does allow us to suffer. It is a consequence of living in this world.
    I feel sorry for you and your suffering but you must trust God and persevere if you want to go to heaven. That is the most important part of the journey through this life.
    For several years I have been involved with a great deal of suffering. If you want I can tell you all about it with all of the physical and mental pain.
    I'm 76 years old, very weak, sick, and I'm going to stay that way till I die for there so no cure for what I have.
    But I know that God is with me and will help me through this suffering no matter how bad it gets for it is the very rough road to the next life in heaven where the is no tears.
    Like you I am a Catholic.
    Talk it over at length with your priest. It is his job to help you through this,
    If you are not satisfied with what he says, talk to another and another.
    You must work your way through your problems and pains of this life and make the best of it that you can.
    God does help those who help themselves.
    And often we don't see that help until later on because our minds eye is temporarily blind to it.
    Rest assured that God DOES know what is best for us under the circumstance of living here on this planet.
    I pray for strength for you to get through this period of your life for the better.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    jguirao Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Suffering is not God doing something to you.

Suffering comes from your ego.
    Your ego wants this and that and if it does not get it then it suffers.
    Also your ego wants to reject some things and if it can't keep them away it also suffers.

Go back to the beginning.
    God was the only Being, perfect and and created us in Him to experience through us. He sees through our eyes and feels our pleasures and our pains. We liked this so much that we wanted to go deeper in the game of experience. We ate from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, of extreme separation. It can be a lot of fun, but also a terrible agony.

God made sure we would not get stuck in this world of separation. He set up a mechanism called Death.
    Also, the extreme suffering coming from ego and separation leads to questioning what is this all about and remember: "Ah, yes, I really am not this that I thought I was for a while." You really are a part of God.

There are many ways to get out of the mess. Try this one:

Your happiness is directly proportional to YOUR CAPACITY TO LOVE.
    Forget about loving this person or that person, I am talking about unconditional love, which is about trying to understand the other person, "being" the other person, wishing for the other person what they desire. Love all equally, fully. Love your worst enemy. You do not need to do anything for them, you just need to change how you feel.

If you love one more than you love another, that is not love, that is ego need. That one you "love" specially is somebody your ego thinks will cover one of your needs.

Try that for a whole day, for a whole week if you can.
    It is tough in the beginning, but I assure if you persist your misery drops away and you walk around in a state of continuous bliss. Cultivate this every day and you will start to see God everywhere.

Sickness becomes more difficult when you are in this state.

Study Lester Levenson.
    whiteabyss24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 06:46 AM
    I feel like I'm losing my faith in God lately, though before I really have so much faith in God and in the bible, even if I have many trials in life I was still able to survive and stand by my faith, and believed that these are just the so-called test of faith.
    But now, I feel something different in me, I have encountered multifarious problems these days, I am struggling everyday from my previous problems with the new ones and I don't know what to do exactly, I don't want to give up on my faith,. but here, do you know what to do when you have so much problems in all aspects of your life, then you are trying to be good and be patient but still no one lend you a hand to help, no one listens, and then you keep on praying but still nothing works, don't you think that it is just human enough for you to feel that you want to give up on God and in your faith?If God is just testing me how strong my faith is,maybe I will say oh, how I wish God did not trust me that much... I am just human w/limitations and needs, who gets tired and weakens when trouble takes its hardest blow.
    I still believed in God but I don't know if he pays attention on me, listens and cares for me, I am not so sure now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment and losing faith [ 14 Answers ]

I've gotten to the point where I feel like God has left me, or purposely puts me in situations to knock me down. I've done the whole "think positive live positive" thing, and it only backfired. He gave me what I wanted most in life, and then took it away. I've asked, and didn't receive. I've...

Losing my faith [ 149 Answers ]

All my life, I've questioned things, never thought id question god though, I just don't believe, I kind of don't want to believe, but its depressing, hearing about hell, because I know I'm going to die young, what can I do, to get back mt faith

My dad scares me [ 38 Answers ]

This really has got to be the hardest thing I am ever going to write. You see, me and my dad don't trust each other very much. When it gets darker he cuts back my time, but I know he only does that because he worries about me. But the real problem is that he shouts at me, A lot, and it scares me so...

Losing faith [ 18 Answers ]

I've been incredibly depressed for the past week on and off. I have also been thinking a lot about God and it isn't making sense to me. Now I've been a christian my whole life and all the sudden I feel like my faith is being tested. I just feel as though I need a sign from God, I know it's selfish...

View more questions Search