Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
    High pitch noise from tub faucet
    Lately my wife and I have noticed that when you tun of the faucet to our tub a high pitch noise seems to be coming from knob. If you only turn on the water a little bit this is when you hear the noise. Once its opened about 3/4 of the way the noise stops. Any ideas on what causes this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Hay Farmer,

Sounds like you have a screw on the washer that loosened up. Using the image I've put up remove the stem and washer assembly from the side that's giving you the noise and check the washer and its retaining screw. If I'm mistaken and you have a one handled faucet click on back and tell me the brand name and its age. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush causes bubbling noise in tub [ 12 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, I hear bubbling in the tub drain. No water comes up the tub drain, but I hear bubbling. WHAT IS THIS?? Could this predict a future backup or something? ;)

Leaky tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a chronic leaky faucet in our deep soaker tub for a long time (over a year). We have been unable to remove the taps successfully and don't own proper tools (pliers, proper wrenches, etc.) so we have decided to call in a professional to change the fixtures altogether (they are...

Reassemble the Tub Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I have a slip on tub faucet that was removed from the stub out. I cannot understand how to fit the components back together and reassemble so that it does not come off when the shower mechanisim is engaged. If anyone can help me, I'd love some ideas.

Noise in faucet [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my kitchen sink on both hot water and cold there is a loud noise what can that be. Thank you

Shower making high pitch whistling noise [ 4 Answers ]

My shower makes a high pitched whistling noise. This doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to be more pronounced when changing the temperature from hot to cold. It may come and go, or may make the noise during the duration of the shower. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Any help would...

View more questions Search