Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gavdavies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 06:40 AM
    2 way switching
    Hi,
    Ive reciently converted my attick into a bedroom and at the moment there is a 1gang 2 way switch in there. I need to get a switch at the bottom of the stairs. What do I do? The switch in the attick has the feed to it. I've put a 3 core twin and earch cable in but don't no how to connect it to the switches. Can anyone help? Email me [email protected] thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 06:45 AM

Go here:
    Advice on Three Way Switches and Other Power Sources
    Then click on your wiring setup.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 07:36 AM

I assume that you are not U.S. I also assume that 3 core twin and earth a is 3 conductor cable with earth wire.

You need two 3-way switches. In U.S, white wire is used for neutral, may be different color for you.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from H1B to F1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on H1B status and would like to switch to F1 status because of the economic situation and fear of getting laid off. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to do this, and what are the chances of getting approved with the fear that the change might question my intentions to return...

Switching from one to another [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it has the new Windows Vista Home Basic. It's okay but I'd rather have my Windows XP back. Is there a simple way to remove the Vista and program XP on my computer?

Switching 15 amp breaker to 20 amp [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a new condo built 2008. The den has six outlets, a ceiling fan box (no fan yet) on a 15 amp breaker. My question is; can I replace the 15 amp breaker with a 20 amp breaker. I have no idea what gauge wire we have. I want to install a Reiker heating fan that draws 1485 watts with all...

2w switching to 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive high whilst driving or do you have to stop, put the truck in neutral and then put into 4high?? The truck in question is a 2004 F150 fx4 off road Thanks in advance to those of you who answer Clanmac

Switching from wet to dry dog food [ 3 Answers ]

I have mostly always fed my dogs wet food which I know isn't good for their teeth. How can I switch my dog to mostly dry food or should it be all dry?? My dogs teeth are not as pretty as when he came to us last yr(he was lost) and I know it's due to the wet food & probably the treats. HELP!!

View more questions Search