Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Ear Throat Issues
    So I thought at first I had an ear infection, now I don't know. So I was getting really sharp pains in my right ear ((that ear only)) on Monday. I thought I had an ear infection, I thought it would pass. Yesterday, ((Wednesday)) it started to hurt to swallow, only on the right side. And drinking cold things hurts my right ear.:(:(

Can someone shed some light on what could be going on? :confused:

P.S. My boyfriend says my lymph nodes on my right side are swollen as well...
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 31, 2009, 01:15 AM

It sounds like an ear infection to me. I used to get them all the time. I even had to get tubes when I was a little girl. BAH!

>:/

I would see a doctor though. I never had an ear infection get better on its own. But then again, maybe some people have.
    Vision Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 01:17 AM

Ugh, don't tell me that.

I don't have health insurance for another two months.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 31, 2009, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Ugh, don't tell me that.

I don't have health insurance for another two months.
    Hmmm... then I would definitely go to a drug store and look for ear drops, and try to sleep on the opposite side of the infection. I won't say drink orange juice, because the citric acid usually makes sore throats worse, but I would get some pill vitamins.

You can also try putting heat on your swollen lymph nodes, it might help soothe them some.
    Vision Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 01:28 AM

Thank you. I would be googling a solution myself, but I'm too busy talking to my AMHD fam on the vision section and looking at crafting blogs :P
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 31, 2009, 01:34 AM
    It could also be sinus pressure. I get this sometimes. But it doesn't TYPICALLY effect my throat unless I get some gnarly drainage going on. You can go to a urgent care clinic, it's only like 70 bucks for the visit and the prescription. Best thing would be to go now before it gets bad. If those nodes are swollen it COULD certainly be an infection. Better to treat it now with a more mild antibiotic than later on when it's worse.
    503person Posts: 57, Reputation: 11

Jul 31, 2009, 01:35 AM

You can get over the counter homeopathic earache relief drops. I use them on my son when he gets earaches, and it always clears it right up.

You might want to consider checking your tonsils as well. Sometimes the swelling in your tonsils can present as an earache as it presses on the eustation tube in your throat, which connects to your inner ear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is strep throat? [ 3 Answers ]

What is strep throat? I live in Uk and have never heard this term used before. I have been unwell for nearly two weeks, sore tonsils, back of tongue sore and coughing up yucky green stuff. Does anyone have any ideas. Going back to the Doctor in 2 days.

REALLY dry throat [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well for the last week I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a really dry throat and it lasts all night and sometime into the morning like when I wake up its really dry. And when I wake up at night its as if there is a whole bunch of saliva pooled up at the back of my throat that...

Throat/Ear issues [ 5 Answers ]

Ok no idea where to begin as I am so feed up with doctors. First I have seen many physicians to sum it up 2 primary physician, ent, cardiologist, neurologist, eye doctor, urologist and I think I am missing 1 or 2. My problem is the gland under my right ear and behind my jaw is swollen, hard,...

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine. I am wondering why is that? The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case. Thanks:)

View more questions Search