Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jul 30, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Cement's thickness for carport
    What is the min thickness of concrete with rebar for a carport and the size of the rebar ? Thanks
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:36 PM

Then min would be 5" thick at 4,000 Psi and 3/8 bar at 24" squared.

Many garage floors are 4" thick and no rebar. But the code for a driveway apron is 6" thick concrete with 6x6 10 gage wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct way to build a carport [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 32X40 ranch house and am adding a 24X32 carport to the side of the house. One contractor wants to attach house side directly to my house (take off siding and add wood where needed) and pour footings on the other side.. The other wants to pour footings up against the house (and on...

Wiring a carport to the house? [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of building our house and have run into a snag that we are unsure about. We have electric wired in our carport and not sure how to connect it to the house- keeping in code. Can we just run it through the outside walldown near the floor/ground or is it better to run it through...

Wireless spy camera set in carport [ 1 Answers ]

If I bring the receiver from the carport to the family room. About 50feet. I have a small TV, with only the antenna out fitting in the back. Do you think I could hook It up to the TV??

Disassembly of metal carport [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone successfully disassembled a two car metal carport and moved it? In what steps and order did you take it apart?

View more questions Search