Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shatis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 06:19 PM
    School uniform should be abolished
    How does school uniform should be abolished?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 06:22 PM

How do you get it abolished?

Move to another school district.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2009, 07:30 PM

Actually I feel they are great and should be used everywhere
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 07:36 PM

I hate them but they do need a strict dress code like no baggy pants would start the list.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 09:14 PM

I personally like them. The kids always dress well, it teaches them to follow a dress standard like in the working world, it saves parents money, its easier than arguing with your kids about what they want to wear to school. Lots of reasons.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:04 AM

It cost me more to buy my kids uniforms than it would have been for me to buy them enough clothes to last three months.
    I hate school uniforms. I MOVED.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:14 AM
    I think someone was trying to get us to do their homework. This is a recurring question.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:26 AM

School starts in about three weeks so I figure school clothes shopping time triggered the question.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 09:23 AM

I'm sorry your kids uniforms were expensive nohelp :( my neighbors kids have uniforms and they are simply khaki pants and a red or blue polo shirt. So that saved her money just buying 2 or 3 of those rather than a whole bunch of new clothes
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 12:37 PM

My kids were khaki and blue or white polo shirts but my one daughter wore a size 1.
    I had to spend over a hundred riding buses all over creation to find size 1 khakis that fit the description (no side pockets, no attached labels or tags, etc... ) Then she got them stained with lunch, out grew them, etc...
    And I had to spend a ton more back on the buses going to find more,
    With regular clothes I could get 6 tops for $35.
    And 5 pants for $60. And only spend $36. Bus fare and still have a ton of money for when she out grew them. Then to the teachers picked on many of the kids way worse with the uniforms and let the cheerleaders and favorites get away with not wearing them.
    My daughter and others got sent home for the stupidest things over them.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 12:49 PM
    WalMart and Target in our area carry school uniforms now.
    I love it, but it was a bigger adjustment this year, it's my daughter's first year in a uniformed school.
    I think they are adorable and since they have their own section, they are made to the qualifications. Weren't two expensive, about $9/piece. Just had to stock pile since she didn't have any previous to this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tomboy's uniform [ 5 Answers ]

If you have uniform what do wear? Usually I'm not really worried about these things but my mom hates the way I dress so I want to know a way I can dress like a tomboy with looking like A full dude.:confused:

How do I go about claiming for my uniform [ 7 Answers ]

Hi On Tuesday I was sent home to go change my formal denim skirt because they were made of denim, but what was personally communicated to us was that tight jeans were banned, I was highly upset at the fact that my boss had the ordasity to send me home and not even allow me to wait for the...

School Uniform Debate [ 27 Answers ]

I'm research a topic and would like to generate a bunch of arguments for data collection. Policy: Students in public, K-12 schools must wear school uniforms. Background: - Uniforms are uniquely designed for each school. (Think Japan) - Students must purchase their uniform from the school....

What is uniform bowing? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't quite understand this term, could someone please explain. -Ashley W.

School Uniform Debate [ 2 Answers ]

Hey People, I was just wondering your opinion of whether school uniforms school should be compulsory? I’m doing it for a debate for school and I’m on the affirmative side. What do you think about this subject? :) Thanks!

View more questions Search