Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Connect to network
    I have a desktop PC with windows vista and I can't setup the network shareing.I have a att modum and router along with three wireless laptops in the houlsehold,I'm using a 2wire usb adapter with install cd but evertime I run it to connect to the network nothing happens it seems to not be able to pick up the signal from the router.so can anyone help
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 31, 2009, 12:58 PM

Does the same wireless adapter work on one of the other computers?
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckhole View Post
    Does the same wireless adapter work on one of the other computers?
    No the laptops don't have adapters,they have cards built in.now if the adapter comes with the router then it is setup for that router,and if u bought a new router with no adapter the old adapter would not work with the new router right
    bearcatk Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 03:28 AM

If its wireless you need to enter a password
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 3, 2009, 06:37 AM

If the wireless adapters support the same type (A,B,G, and or N) then they should work together. They do not have to be purchased together or be the same brand name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network(says none available)network isgood [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network (says none available) network is good I have another that is working fine. I

How to connect through a network? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there.. I don't know if I'm in the right section but I would like to ask a few questions about remote servers.If I want to link to my company computer via a remote server,is there free programs that I can use to set up a network? Which program is the best to use between hamatchi and...

Cannot connect laptop to network [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a normal wireless G linksys router. I have 3 laptops running through my network. One laptop running XP has a broken monitor and acts as a desktop now, I can connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet. My Acer aspire is running Vista and can connect to the internet...

How to connect 2nd PC to network [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to connect another PC on the floor above to my Netgear wireless router. The signal says 'good', but it won't connect. The network is not listed in the Local Area Network screen when I open it, in fact, there is nothing listed there. Windows says it cannot connect, something about 'am...

Cannot connect 1 of 3 pcs to our network [ 6 Answers ]

2 of our 3 xp router hard wired lan pcs see each other. 1 cannot even ping its own IP even though it connects to the Internet just fine. I've done the typical troubleshooting. It's the newest and strongest PC of the 3.

View more questions Search