Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paigerwaiger94 Posts: 87, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2009, 02:04 PM
    New short story.
    Chapter one.
    The telling of my story.

"Please leave son, and dont come back. If I see you again, I will kill you." A tear ran down her cheek as she said the words that she hated. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted nothing more than for me to never leave. To stay with her forever. Something we both knew was impossible. She drew me into her arms, and squeezed me tightly.
    "I love you mom." I whispered, as a tear of my own fell on her hair. I bent down so that she could kiss my forehead. As I turned for the door, she caught my hand.
    "I love you too, Trevor." she whispered, barely loud enough to hear. She freed her right hand, only to push me out the door. I turned around, and the door shut, with a click, right in my face. The tears were falling harder now, free from watching eyes.
    I shoved my hands in my pockets, and walked quickley, off her porch, down the driveway, and into the street. I couldn't get my mind off the young girl in the living room. She had turned to look at me for a split second, before she got up and left.
    "She had my eyes," I thought to myself. "Our mothers eyes." The most peculiar shade of yellow.
    Her name is Emma, and she is seventeen years old. She's my little sister. Emma would have no idea who I was. Our mother wouldn't have told her.
    Anyone who would see Emma, and I together could tell that we were related. We have the same eyes, as I said earlier. The same dark, straight hair, and the same angular features. We both looked as though we had been chisled from ice. A distinct traite that we got from Maggie, our mother.
    I had no idea where I was going. No idea where I was. At this time, I was wondering, aimlessly, numbly. The cold wind on my face made me aware that I was still crying. I sniffled, and wiped my cheeks, and under my eyes. I wanted to go home.
    I walked into the forest on the side of the road, wondering, idly, how far I was from her house. I forced myself not to look back. Once I was in the woods, I pulled off my tennis shoes, and put them in the bag I carried on my back. Then I started running.
    Even at my fastest, it wasn't fast enough. I couldn't outrun my thoughts. And I was soon to the end of the trees. I stopped to put my shoes back on, and I walked out of the trees, like nothing had happened. Like I wasn't hurt, like I hadn't been broken in a million pieces at my mothers words.
    I changed my train of thought as fast as I could. People would notice a grown man, crying. Stepping into my apartment building, I thought about things I needed to pick up, for this coming week. Had to get my props... maybe pick up a few movies, to add to my growing collection. A person tended to get bored when they had forever, and no way to spend it. I couldn't tell you how many movies I had seen, or how many books I had read, and only within the short span of thirteen years. Well, technically, it had been longer. I'm thirty-three years old. I started changing when I was thirteen, and stopped aging by twenty. And that was thirteen years ago. I have been on this earth for a while now, and nothing remarkable has happened yet.
    A surge of relief spread through me, knowing that my sister wouldn't have to endure this. She wouldn't have to watch everyone around her get older, and older, as she never aged. She wouldn't have to watch her loved ones die, knowing that she would never see them again. She was normal, and I was happy for that. Her childhood was already gone. She was an adult now, and she will grow old. And then, once she can't grow any older, she will die. One more funeral to go to.
    I suppose I should explain how all of this works. Ugh, I hate this part. I am a vampire. Now please, don't mistake me for Dracula, or Angel, or god-forbid, Edward Cullen. I'm not the same as those fictional characters. For one thing, I'm real. For another, the vampiesm viris is genetic. I wasn't bitten. In fact, vampires arnt even venomous. We can't "change" other people. And the myths about the sun, some of it is true. The virus makes us highly susseptable to sunburns. Generally, were very fair skinned, so we tend to stay inside during the day anyway.Even walking outside to get the mail, can give me a slight sunburn. Although it might not show up for hours.
    Garlic; I don't like the smell. It doesn't hurt me, and it wouldn't kill me if I ate it. You can't get a steak through my skin, and even if you could, my heart stopped on my twentieth birthday. A piece of wood can't kill something that is already dead. I can't be harmed by crosses, holy water, or fire. And I don't turn into a bat. The only way to kill me is to twist the small spoke on the back of my neck.
    As for my diet, that rumor is true, but with a few major differences. I drink blood, but it doesn't bother me to be around people. Its equivalent to someone eating in front of you while your hungry. I can't gain, nor lose weight, but since my heart doesn't pump my own blood, the blood I drink acts as a substitute. When it is used up, I hunt again.
    I try not to think of the people I hurt. But that is another big difference. I don't drain the humans of blood. I just take enough to sustain me. Not enough to kill anyone.
    If the ludicris notion that I could get by with-out human blood had crossed your mind, please ignore it. I have tried every way, watched every movie, and read every book. I even tried drinking animal blood, like the sparkling idiots in Twilight. But that didn't work. An animals blood, will not sustain me. Its like drinking water. As if I had gulped down air.
    You see, I also have to find a person with the same blood type as I had. Anything else, my body won't accept. It doesn't make much since to me... but... a lot of things don't make sense anymore.
    So, I have to sniff out a person with the same blood type, only to hurt them, against their will, all the while, battling myself control the entire time so as not to kill the person. Yeah, its just so easy. I guess Im just lucky that a don't have a rare blood type.
    Vampires originated in books, and movies. It wasn't until 1975 that some one took the idea, and ran with it. A scientist by the name of Starley Remler, decided to try to "make" a vampire. His theory was, that if he could truly create a vampire, then the U.S.A. wouldn't ever need the armed forces again. It was a brilliant idea, and it might have worked, if he had been more careful. Instead of testing the effects of the vampiesm viris, he just let it go. It didn't work in the way that he wanted it too. He expected to see results in his test subjects, and when he didn't, he just let them walk right out. My mother, Maggie Wesson, was one of those subjects.
    Maggie was twenty-three when she participated in this test, and she was twenty-four when she had me. The effects of the viris have messed up her natural aging abillitys. Like me, she's not normal. She was forty when she had Emma, my sister, but she looked the same age as the day she had me. Don't get me wrong, my mother does age, but very slowly. She will probably out live Emma, and maybe even her grand children.
    For the first thirteen years of my life, there was no indication that I was different from anyone else... that there was anything wrong with me at all. I remember that birthday like it was yesterday...

I wanted to write a vampire story, that had nothing to do with Twilight. Its kind of a mix between the movies "Jumper", "Firestarter", and the "Angel" series, on TV. I know its kind of far fetched, but here it is.
    Please tell me what you think.

-paige.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 30, 2009, 02:06 PM

You use "she" a lot why not give her a name right away;)
    paigerwaiger94 Posts: 87, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2009, 06:52 PM

Anybody??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is name of this short story [ 2 Answers ]

I read this in college. It's about a family that takes a trip. The car breaks down and 3 men show up and they end up killing the family. I think the grandmother survives. I had to do a research paper on the symbolism on this story. Been trying to find it for a couple months now. Please...

New short story. [ 13 Answers ]

Burning Both Ends Of The Night... The summer I turned eighteen, I was working with my father. Doing odd jobs, and constructon. Destiny must have been working with me. That was the year we were assigned the old Miller place. A renovation that would probably take all summer. Everything that...

Short Story [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, so here it goes... I'm the assigned prayer leader for our math class tomorrow... and my teacher asked me to create a short story and a reflection about it... before I recite my own prayer.. I already have a prayer which is "Dear Lord, Bless us today. Open our minds to help us learn and grow....

Short story [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shortest thing that will be published because I have a story that is only close to 6000 words, I think it is worth publishing but is it long enough and if it is what is it called a novel or a novella or anything like that?

Short story [ 3 Answers ]

I have to bring a short story (preferably no longer than 15 pages) into class, talk a bit about the author and then lead a discussion on it. I'm not a big on reading short stories so I don't have any books on them or anything. Does anyone know a short story that's easy to analyse and has some...

View more questions Search