Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jayr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Laptop keyboard - pressing one key triggers different/multiple keys
    The keyboard on my laptop has recently started to go a bit crazy. Some buttons are unresponsive, and when I press one others are often triggered, e.g. if I press a 'g' then 'gb' is entered, or ''' goes to ''/'. The most fun is that pressing space sometimes acts to refresh a page, so entire emails etc are lost (I'm typing this on a different pc).

The laptop is 3 years old, so I assume that the keyboard is just failing and I'll have to get a usb keyboard, but I thought I'd check. Could it be something to do with the key mapping?

Thanks
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 30, 2009, 01:48 PM

Do you think maybe the buttons are a little sticky underneath?
    Jayr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 01:55 PM
    I doubt it. If they were what could I do?
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 31, 2009, 06:41 AM

I really don't know. Where did you get the computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ctrl keys aren't working on laptop keyboard [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a loss on how to get my ctrl keys working again. It is on a laptop keyboard and I'm not sure if they're broken, or locked, or what. Please help!

Non-letter keys on keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I had my PC reformatted after a virus attack; now it seems that, apart of letters, most keys on keyboard are mixed up, say I type " and get @, and the other way round. Kindly help. Someone told me "Go to Control panel... Regional and Lanuage settings and set it to the country you are...

Keyboard keys feaking out! [ 4 Answers ]

My laptop at home is freaking out and I'm hoping someone here can help address the problem so that I don't have to system restore and set it back t ground zero. Here's the problem; the "A", "Q", "1", and "~" keys are all producing strange characters when pressed. For example, when I hit the "A"...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

View more questions Search