Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben221 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Becoming a doctor
    To become a doctor (probably a GP), is it essential to take biology, chemistry, physics and maths at A LEVEL because I'm happy to do chemistry, physics and maths which I'm A or A* at GCSE, but I'm not keen on taking biology at A LEVEL because it will be too much and it is my least favourite subject out of the 4.

Any advice please?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 30, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Basically, yes, although physics is not really needed.
    You'll defiantly need Biology, after all a lot of medicine is about living organisms.
    Also you will need mostly A grades as places for medical school are very hard to come by.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor said 10 KGs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I had problems with my leg I broked it, so after surgery doctor said that I must loss 10 KG I'm 20, but I can't do exercise because of my leg problems I can't walk probably

Should my doctor know this ? [ 20 Answers ]

I had an episode today. I was at my wife's mother's house installing some new lawn sprinklers. I am retired and she is 86, we live very close. I do all the maintenance on her home that my disability allows. (I have lost the use of one arm by unsuccessful surgery and nerve damage following a full...

Should I go to a doctor? [ 19 Answers ]

:confused: Usually my menstrual cycle runs between 26-28 days. I am currently on day 32, and I am never late. I have taken a pregnancy test already and it came out negative. Could I still be pregnant? If the tests keep coming out negative and I don't get my period, should I call a doctor? Is that...

Why should I go to the doctor [ 4 Answers ]

I am a student who is doing a speech on why people should go to the doctor. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a few reasons that will back up my reasons. If you are a doctor that would be so helpful. And if you could please give me your name (last is fine) and what kind of doctor you are,...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

View more questions Search