Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silvie Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
    South African Applying for Portuguese citizenship in London
    Hi there

I'm a South African applying for my Portuguese citizenship in London. I've got all the forms and translations. What I need to know is will they agree to see me here at the London Consulate. My mother who is Portuguese resides in South Africa, but I'm working in London with a two year working visa. Also what is the general time is takes for the consultants at the Portuguese consulate to arrange an appointment?:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 20, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Please refer to This Thread
    Larissa Bona Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by silvie View Post
    Hi there

I'm a South African applying for my Portuguese citizenship in London. I've got all the forms and translations. What I need to know is will they agree to see me here at the London Consulate. My mother who is Portuguese resides in South Africa, but I'm working in London with a two year working visa. Also what is the general time is takes for the consultants at the Portuguese consulate to arrange an appointment?:confused:
    You can apply for the Portuguese citizenship at the Portuguese Consulate responsible for your area of residence. If you live in London, you should submit your application at the Portuguese Consulate in London.

Regarding the appointment issue, I must inform you that it may vary from Consulate to Consulate.

I hope I have helped.

>Personal contact information REMOVED<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for Portuguese citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

My father holds a Portuguese citizenship and passport and is now living with me in Canada. His wish is to reside in Portugual and as his daughter, I need me to look after him as he his old (76 years). I am a Canadian citizen holding Canadian passport and wish to apply for my portuguese...

South african applying for portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a south african. My grandparents are portuguese citizens but my mom was born in SA and she doesn't have a portuguese passport. Can I apply for portuguese passport? If so can I apply for it in London or does it have to be in South Africa? Thanks

Portuguese ID card and passport renewal in London [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Portuguese citizen originally from Macau and now live in the UK. My ID card has expired, which I understand that I need to renew before I can renew my actual passport? I've been looking online for the appropriate application form and instructions with no avail. Any idea where I can find...

Applying for Portuguese Passport living in SA [ 1 Answers ]

My parents were born in Madeira but we are currently residing in South Africa. I would like to apply for a Portuguese Passport. I need to know where do I apply for the passport and what documents are required and how long is the processing. If I do qualify can I also apply for my...

Applying for dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a first generation american. My father is from Germany and my mother is a green card holder from france. I am desperately seeking information on how to obtain either an eu passport or a french passport. The web has not been very helpful and I have written many e:mails and placed...

View more questions Search