Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blee42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 09:40 AM
    XP Home Doc's Settings access denied
    I've hooked up a crashed XP Home disk to me XP Pro PC to try to recover some data, but all I get us access denied. I've gone through the normal turn off simple shareing etc to try to take ownership, but can#t get the Secuiruty Tab up in properties for this ffolder. It appears for all othe folders. Any ideas?
    olivesandtrees Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2009, 07:20 AM

Use a Live CD Linux distro like Knoppix. Linux can easily mount NTFS file systems and don't care about any Windows based file permissions.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Here are some options: External hard drive file access denied?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C:\documents and settings\owner access denied [ 2 Answers ]

When I startup, the desktop starts up without any icons. i.e. no startup taskbar or anything. I ended up reloading windows and got the system running again, but now I have some time I would like to get my old settings working. When I go into Explorer, I have three entries. NAME, NAME.HOME,...

Divorce in chicago.denied access to home by spouse [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is separated from her husband... no papers have been filed, she left him and came to stay at my house... her name is not on the condo title because he purchased it before they got married, approximately 10 months ago ( he took a job in Chicago and moved there 2 months before they were...

Documents and settingsuser account is not accessible - Access is denied [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have run into a big problem that I hope someone can help me with this? My old C drive one day would not boot up windows for some reason? It displayed "bad boot sector id" or something like that? What I did was to purchase and install another HD and set my ole C drive as a slave. I...

Can't access folder in Doc's & Settings [ 1 Answers ]

I've had to do a re-install of XP Pro, and when I go to My Documents, there is a folder with the old "computer name" and I am getting Access Denied messages when I know that my documents/files are there... how can I gain access?

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner... access denied?? [ 11 Answers ]

Cripes, good grief and Shazam! I border on the obsessed with my internet security. I have Norton and do a fully system scan regularly every week. Then about two weeks ago, noted that Norton was having some sort of problem. I called and got help getting it uninstalled and immediately...

View more questions Search