Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashbe56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 07:28 AM
    How to hook up DVR, Tv, VCR/DVD
    I recently moved and I no longer need the cable modem for my internet. Problem is I can't figure out how I need to hook everything else up.

I'm trying to get my TV, vcr/dvd and dvr all to work and I'm having no luck getting them all to work together!

My TV only has ant in and the aud inputs.

Thank you!
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jul 30, 2009, 11:20 PM

I've seen TVs with an antenna in, composite video in (yellow) and left audio (white) only. I've seen really old TVs with only antenna inputs (some even separate UHF and VHF antenna inputs). I've never seen a TV with stereo audio inputs (white and red) that didn't have a composite video (yellow) input to go with them.

Many consumer electronic retailers sell splitters that can distribute signals from the cable outlet to the antenna inputs on the DVD/VCR combo and the DVR. Some cable providers even offer splitters at a quite reasonable cost at their over the counter customer service centers. If you want to use a digital cable converter or get cable internet in the future purchase splitter marked as compatible with frequencies up to at least a Ghz (1000 Hz), sometimes labeled as compatible with digital satellite compatible. Splitters from the cable company probably meet those requirements.

With a composite video input and a single set of stereo audio inputs on the TV you could connect the composite video and stereo outputs from the DVD/VCR combo and the DVR to one of the switch boxes available at many video game dealers and other consumer electronic dealers. Lacking a composite video input on the TV you may require a RF modulator connected between the composite video and stereo outputs of the switch box and the antenna input on the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 Hook-up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have stick welder I want to power but! I have no more room for any more circuit breakers in my electrical panel. What would you recommend I do? Thanks! Don :)

Hook up for new DVD/VCR [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new dvd/vcr combo and a lcd TV hooked up to cable. How do I connect the dvd/ vcr combo to the TV with the coaxial cable cord?

How do we hook this up? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has DSL and was told that she needed a router to hook to her cable modem to use her computer in another room. There is no DSL connection in the other room. If I have to hook the router to the modem, how do I hook the cable from the router to the computer if the computer is in a different...

Hook up [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect a waterline for a frig. The copper pipe is sticking out of the wall how do I connect the water line

View more questions Search