Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edub373 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Janitorial Cleaning
    What is the best way to bid on cleaning jobs for offices/buildings. No home cleaning just basic cleaning of businesses?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 01:57 PM

You use the same formula as for cleaning houses, by the hour, but you have to take into consideration the type of offices you are cleaning. If they are doctors or dentists offices, then there are hazardous wastes to dispose of which is anything that is blood contaminated. Therefore your hourly fee goes up and you should be using universal precautions when doing that type of cleaning. Universal precautions are, apron, rubber gloves, mask and hair covering.

So, cross your 'i;s and dot your 't's. Stay away from doctors offices, dentists offices or anywhere where there is hazardous waste. Just charge your normal hourly rate if you have already done residential cleaning. You will make more money doing commercial cleaning anyway.

Get a signed contract for either 6 months. Or a year.

Tick
    Edub373 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 02:01 PM

Thank you for your advice tick. I will keep that in mind..
    edgar777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 01:08 PM

How much do I charge to strip and wax floors per sq foot?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 4, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You use the same formula as for cleaning houses, by the hour, but you have to take into consideration the type of offices you are cleaning. If they are doctors or dentists offices, then there are hazardous wastes to dispose of which is anything that is blood contaminated. Therefore your hourly fee goes up and you should be using universal precautions when doing that type of cleaning. Universal precautions are, apron, rubber gloves, mask and hair covering.

So, cross your 'i;s and dot your 't's. Stay away from doctors offices, dentists offices or anywhere where there is hazardous waste. Just charge your normal hourly rate if you have already done residential cleaning. You will make more money doing commercial cleaning anyway.

Get a signed contract for either 6 mos. or a year.

tick
    Tick, I am impressed my dear. Have you been in the business? :) :)

I would add that I price projects several ways; using labor hours, square footage and what the competition is presently doing in pricing. Things like the density of the offices, how many days per week, and the type of building ( A, B or C class), along with some other factors.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to obtain a cleaning/janitorial license? [ 7 Answers ]

How to obtain a cleaning/janitorial license in wahington county?

New Contracts for Janitorial Cleaning in New York [ 9 Answers ]

Please enlighten me as how to acquire cleaning contracts in new york:rolleyes: Ive been in the cleaning business for about three years in Florida unfortunately my mom was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and I've had to care for her in ny I want to restart ny business here and need help on...

Janitorial service [ 1 Answers ]

What should I expect on a interview for a janitorial position

Janitorial Business [ 2 Answers ]

Been wanting to start a business through janitorial but don't know where and how do I start. What are the possible gains and risks. Answer anyone. Thank you.. MITZI

Janitorial cleaning bids [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get cleaning bids

View more questions Search