Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suncrest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Setup up two separate networks on one computer
    I have a wireless network in my office that I set up.
    There are 4 computer on this network.

I want to take two of the computer and hardwire them together (maybe a crossover) so we can share the accounting at a faster rate than wireless can offer.
    Is this possible?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 3, 2009, 06:52 AM

Yes. You can connect them together. Assign IP addresses from a different network range but do not assign gateway addresses.
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 09:02 AM

what is an ethernet switch - Bing
    suncrest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Thank you
    Done, but How do I make the accounting program go through that connection only.
    I was still going slowly through the wireless.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2009, 06:38 AM

The traffic will always traverse through the preferred pathway. Right click on My Network Places and select Properties. In the toolbar, select Advanced and then Advanced Settings. Select the Adapters and Bindings tab at the top. In the connections box, place your wired local area connection higher in the order than the wireless connection by using the arrows at the far right.

When you create shares from one computer to the other, use the IP address that you are using for the Local Area Connection instead of the machine name to connect from one computer to the other. This will force the connection to where you want it to go instead of allowing NetBIOS browsing to choose it for you.
    snail163 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Free-ebooks-websites.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linking two separate networks [ 1 Answers ]

I am at a site with two separate networks - 192.168.102.. and 192,168.12.. Both have a subnet mask 0f 255.255.255.0 Both netowk switches are layer 2. The .102 netwoek has internet. How do I setup so that I can connect to the .12 network from the internet.

Connecting 2 computers on 2 separate networks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm quite new to computer networking and am having problems... Currently, I have 2 computers connected through a wireless network that provides the internet. I have installed Synergy (software to allow keyboard and mouse to be shared by both computers). The problem is, the wireless...

Computer how do I stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer, it always pop up while I am in the middle of something

Can I have four separate networks at the same time? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a server (running server 2003) with two dual NICs. I have four separate physical networks connected to the server. In my Network connections I have the four connections and a loopback adapter - all connected. I can only ping IPs on two of the networks at a time. For example: if I...

Computer networks [ 1 Answers ]

Send message in a NT network using dos prompt?

View more questions Search