Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Jul 29, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Is it me or are more people dying than ever?
    Has anyone else noticed that people seem to be dropping like flies all over the place? What gives?

Is this a pre- something to the end of days? In 3 years I have already lost 3 family members. And I keep hearing everyday more and more people that are semi (or really) famous dropping dead. I don't understand.

Anyone else notice this or am I focusing on it too much? Does this possibly mark the beginning of the end? Can anyone tell me if this is part of it?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:21 AM

I think it is partly us because the older you get the more statistically it is that you will know more and more people dying. Plus the population is increasing so therefore the death rate will increase accordingly.

But I do think a good bit of it is to do with these 'end' time days.

Good to see you back. I remember you from the other site.

Sapphire630
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that people seem to be dropping like flies all over the place? What gives?

Is this a pre- something to the end of days? In 3 years I have already lost 3 family members. And I keep hearing everyday more and more people that are semi (or really) famous dropping dead. I don't understand.

Anyone else notice this or am I focusing on it too much? Does this possibly mark the beginning of the end? Can anyone tell me if this is part of it?
    It's just the fact that your family and friends are getting older. Statiscally speaking , people are living longer now than ever before. Don't concentrate on dying, just live...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Also mass communication is prevalent and in your face - you now know immediately when Yoshi in Japan dies.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:50 AM

Yeah I'm with NeedKarma on this one. There is A lot more publicity.

As for your family, I'm sorry for your loss. But you will find that as you get older, so will they. And unfortunately, death is a part of life. Ironic isn't it?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Hey champ,
    Welcome back!!

I agree with NoH and Need on this one, population of the world is high,plus better communication technology has made the world seem smaller.
    For example, I am at this moment conversing with people from halfway across the globe.

On the other hand murder is also on the increase as with the increase in population,diseases travel faster from nation to nation.We are a global village where I am eating what you may have grown in your garden.

Very interesting observation though, famous people dying,
    I think we notice that because they are famous,even though we hear of deaths of obscure people from around the world it hits home only when we are familiar with them.Know their faces or heard of their lives before their deaths.

I am sorry to hear about your losses.Hope you are doing well.

Jul 30, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I think it is partly us because the older you get the more statistically it is that you will know more and more people dying. Plus the population is increasing so therefore the death rate will increase accordingly.

But I do think a good bit of it is to do with these 'end' time days.

Good to see you back. I remember you from the other site.

sapphire630
    I'm not sure what you mean by "other site". But thank you for input!

I guess it is more obvious now when people die. All over the news and I am at home more than when I was younger so I am at home to hear it.

I just hope I live long enough to see my kids grow up and get married.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Must be a local thing, no one I know has died recently and as for the famous, well, a large percentage do appear to die young, must be the life style
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2009, 03:59 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "other site". But thank you for input!!

I think I remember your name from answerway or the askme.com

Maybe I am just remembering you from when I first joined here?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 01:26 PM
    I would like to add my 2 cents. I notice there have been many celebrities that have passed away and the year hasn't even ended yet. For me I am deeply afraid of death. I know many of us are, but I think with me it is another level of fear with death as I dream of it so often and can not comprehend with it. The more I am exposed with people dying and death, the more I fear it. Not the actually the act of dying, but after death. Seizing to physically exist and who actually gets to heaven and does not. Things of that nature.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Sep 22, 2009, 02:16 PM

GG, these are valid concerns that I think MOST people have. The key is to not let it hold you back from living life.

They say that the best way to connect spiritually is to live in the moment. That way you can connect with the people you are with right now, and with the world around you as it is right now. You can't do that if you are looking ahead to your death or behind to the actions of the past.

As one of my teachers once said, if you have one foot in the future and the other in the past, you're probably pi$$ing on the present... (sorry for the vulgarity, I'm doing it to make a point).

Don't do that. Live for today. Yesterday is gone, you can't change it. Let tomorrow take care of itself. It'll be here before you know it, and you can deal with it then. Just deal with today. Don't let fear of the past or the future paralize you. You're too nice to be paralized that way.

That's my only advice.

Elliot
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    GG, these are valid concerns that I think MOST people have. The key is to not let it hold you back from living life.

They say that the best way to connect spiritually is to live in the moment. That way you can connect with the people you are with right now, and with the world around you as it is right now. You can't do that if you are looking ahead to your death or behind to the actions of the past.

As one of my teachers once said, if you have one foot in the future and the other in the past, you're probably pi$$ing on the present... (sorry for the vulgarity, I'm doing it to make a point).

Don't do that. Live for today. Yesterday is gone, you can't change it. Let tomorrow take care of itself. It'll be here before you know it, and you can deal with it then. Just deal with today. Don't let fear of the past or the future paralize you. You're too nice to be paralized that way.

That's my only advice.

Elliot

Yes, excellent advice. I also like to say don't commit the sin of squandering time.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
    I agree with you ETWolverine and Cadillac59. I tell these things to myself sometimes, but I don't know how to stopping thinking about them. Also, time is precious and I want to always live in the moment and not worry about the things I can't change such as the future and past, but I don't exactly know how?

Nov 18, 2009, 08:39 AM

Hello again. I just wanted to add that it really upset me that my wonderful dirty dancing hero passed away. Patrick Swayze. I LOVED that movie. I relate to it in a lot of ways.

Thank you all for your wonderful input. It is great to see so many ideas and routes of thought.

Have I told you lately that I LOVE THIS SITE!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Hello again. i just wanted to add that it really upset me that my wonderful dirty dancing hero passed away. Patrick Swayze. I LOVED that movie. i relate to it in a lot of ways.

Thank you all for your wonderful input. It is great to see so many ideas and routes of thought.

Have I told you lately that I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
    Well, at least he is resting in a better place now and nolonger have to suffer.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Dec 11, 2009, 03:42 AM

We shouldn't be surprised at the increase of deaths when we read of the illustration at Revelation 6:8 of the pale horse and it's rider called Death being given authority "over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth."

This is clearly not talking about dying from old age but with the sword (wars), plagues (diseases) and attacks by animals - all premature deaths, which unfortunately are so common today.

The good thing is, even though the loss hurts for those of us still living, God has given us hope of seeing these ones again when the resurrection takes place. (John 5:28,29) By then death and hades will be done away with forever. (Rev20:14, Rev 21:4) :)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 03:58 AM
    It is clearly speaking of the undeveloped parts of the Earth and of war
    Anthony Hillyer Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 12:04 PM

More people, same size world, publicity when happens. Fall of Rome, Plus longer life spans means premature death becomes statistically more likely.
    If an average life span is 80, there is a far bigger time frame to be hit by that bus.

Everyone think that when their civilization goes tits up they are special and this must be a great sign, fall of Rome, English Civil War etc etc Thing is the world just keeps going. If and When (hopefully when) Christ returns I doubt anyone sane will see it coming, it will probably correlate with some predictions, but it will be the same nutters who predict it every year.
    Anthony Hillyer Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 12:04 PM

Oops the above is a bit garbled, read between the lines
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 2, 2010, 05:07 PM

The factual answer to the OP is that the rate of death is the same as it has always been.

One birth=one death.

On your tombstone there will likely be two dates separated by a dash.

What you do with the dash is what counts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My g/f's mom is dying. [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend's (3 years) mom is dying, in the hospital a few days left. I never knew her mom/family that well and my girlfriend told me that I shouldn't come. I feel like I should be there for her. Should I be more forceful? And show up? :S -eeep

People talking about dying on line [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a place where people talk to other people on line about there partners dying.

I think I'm dying [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having weird nightmares about my recent grandmother and I feel I am going to get an icredibley life threatening disease and I'm going to die very shortly... I'm really scared :( please help me! If I do die what will be instore for me on the other side... is there really a tunnel to...

Car keeps dying [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 95 civic ex I just filled my car up yesterday and now it keeps dying while I'm driving down the road I thought it might be water in the gas so I put some heet in the gas tank but it still does it I don't know what wrong with it help me please

View more questions Search