Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Hawker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 05:04 AM
    Adult adoption
    I wish to adopt by adult step daughter.

I have been divorced from her mother for over ten years and the father named on the certificate has not been involved in any way since around 1983.

Can I do this? My daughter wants this very much as she wants to be legally part of my family.

If possible how do I go about it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Consult an attorney to prepare the paperwork to submit to a court, but if your step daughter is an adult then you won't need to get her bio father's permission. So the process should be fairly simple and inexpensive.

By the way, please pay more attnetion to posting guidelines. At the top of the Adoption forum (where this was originally posted) is a Read First sticky that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adult Adoption in North Carolina and the benefits [ 4 Answers ]

I have only lived in North Carolina for about three years and I must say that this state has some strange laws. However I have heard that if an adult adopts another adult then the estate of either adult is left to the other in time of death. Provided that the will states that. It is my...

Adult Child Given Up for Adoption wants contact with supposed biological father [ 8 Answers ]

Here's the story. My husband may have fathered a daughter before we ever met. He was not named on the birth certificate and the biological mother had relations with other men during the same time frame. The girl was legally adopted by another married couple. She made contact with the birth...

View more questions Search