Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwaysgreener77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Credit Card Fraud
    I recently turned myself in for fraudulent use of a credit card (less than $500). The detective investigating my case told me that since I have no prior run ins with the law, since I turned myself in, and since this was a non-violent crime, he doesn't think I'll get jail time but its up to the judge. Has anyone gone through this? I'm in MI and my arraignement is 8/10 and I'd like to know what to expect. Restitution? Probation? Jail?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 05:04 AM

You will be ordered to pay back everything stolen as well as any fees associated with it (restitution). There is also a solid chance you will get some probation and probably a fine.

Jail time is doubtful, although not out of the realm of possibility. Do you have a lawyer? I would recommend one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card fraud [ 3 Answers ]

My friend and I were caught buying stuff from Wal-Mart (toronto) on credit cards which did not belong to us... the cards had my friends name on them but did not belong to him... I used two of the cards to buy some stuff myself ($1200) and the rest of the cards were used by my friend to buy items...

Credit card fraud [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my sister got into a situation at one of her former employers... where she was using ppls credit card numbers to purchase gift cards... equaling a total of 2,200 dollars and at the time of her getting caught with security she had giving them back 732.00 worth of gift cards which the security...

Credit card fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Here's my ? If a credit card is stolen and then used at a gas station by the thief, can the officer investigating the credit card fraud ask for the video survalnce from the gas station ? Or do they need a warrant to get that survalence?

Credit card fraud [ 3 Answers ]

I transferred 3300 from my job to my credit card with false refunds. I want to pay it back in full now. Its my first offense. Will I go to jail?:confused:

Credit Card fraud [ 8 Answers ]

I paid off a credit card last yr and 3-4 months later the credit card company reopened my account without my consent. I later had to get my credit report pulled to then realize that I was 30 days late for payment. Automatically a red flag went up because I never pay my bills late and guess what,...

View more questions Search