Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phiggy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Creating an online shopping page
    Hi
    I need help on where to start in creating a webpage which users can buy items online.
    What do I do first?
    ImWho Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 01:29 AM
    Take a breath. :)
    I think you need to check on "shopping carts", one of the bigger ones that does this is PayPal. Im sure there are others, but Im not familiar with them.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2006, 02:26 AM
    If you aren't a web whizz, the easiest way is to go for some kind of hosted service. If you are in the US then RightCart is meant to be a very good one.

Some other options are:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2006, 04:12 AM
    Do you know how to make a website? Do you have a Hosting account?

If Yes, and Yes, then your options are endless. You can go a full blown shopping cart (The simple one I like lately is www.ecommercetemplates.com) or go as simple as a simple paypal button (like this).

If the answer to either of the first two questions is No, then you've got lots to think about and do before you think about the tool you'll use to sell stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating an edit page in dreameaver [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am having problems with creating a members edit details page for my webiste. I want a user, that is not logged in, to be denied access to this edit details page. If a member is logged on then I want the edit details page to laod, but with that specific members detail only. I have...

Shopping carts [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to create shopping carts and how to make sure it is secure for credit cards? Is this something that I will have to go to the people that offer the service for credit and debit? I have seen that pay pal offers the ablity to create the shopping carts but is there...

Online shopping [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check the reliability and customer satisfaction of international online shopping websites ( australia & england ) :-/

Difficult shopping for shorts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 16-year-old girl who has to go buy shorts this summer due to the location of a summer camp. I don't usually wear shorts, though; I have short legs with large, muscly calfs and big thighs I'm not proud of showing off. (I'm 5'3" and about 130 lbs.) But when I am coerced to buy shorts,...

View more questions Search