Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annsumm Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 02:02 AM
    Want to make some new friends as I have changed
    This is a long story so will try to summarise.. I only have a handful of close friends - which is the way I prefer it rather than having lots of acquaintances. I am 40, have kids and I am divorced and single. I met most of my close friends whilst I was married and they were friends of mine and my ex-husbands, but I have kept in touch and see them all quite regularly. Here is my dilemma... since leaving my husband a few years ago, I got myself a good education, a really good job and I have changed as a person. I am more confident, interested in what other people have to say to a deeper level and have become a much more rounded person. I feel as though I am 'hanging on' to my current circle of friends and that I really don't have that much in common with them anymore. They all helped me through the divorce and are lovely people. When I call my friends up or hang out with them, I no longer enjoy the conversations. This is bothering me since I don't want to come across as thinking I am better than them or have moved up from them - I just think I am now a bit different. I want to make some new friends but at my age its difficult and easier to stick with what I know. I'm looking for suggestions as to how to make new friends and whether I should or should I just try to make more of an effort with my current cirlce of friends ?
    Thanks
    HellHound82 Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 22, 2009, 08:08 PM

2 big places to meet new people... depending on the type u are seeking is either at work, or at a bar... preferably an active one like one with a band playing
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Sep 26, 2009, 02:30 PM

I guess take courses at a local community college - the courses may be of a topic tgat you're interested in. What's so bad about your old friends? I think you should stick with them - you never know when you may need them as circumstances are forever changing. Why burn bridges?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Everything has changed with my friends. [ 5 Answers ]

So I just got done with my first year of college and when everyone came back it feels like everything has changed. People have changed a lot. Priorties for good or worse. I also have deadbeat friends, and stuff. One friend is a guy but I feel like he is a girlfriend he likes to play games with me...

Friends who have changed [ 4 Answers ]

Well I've been friends with a group of guys for many years now, an we have all been through a lot together. We have all been single and in relationships over the years, I ended my relationship a few years back now and started leading the single life with my single friends. My relationship was...

Very Shy how do I make friends? [ 5 Answers ]

Your Question Very Shy how do I make friends? I haven't made any friends for about 20 years. I just recently asked someone to join me for dinner, and we had a great time. 1 week later I felt I wanted to get together again, and they yes, they will call with their open dates. I would like this...

Will my cat be able to make new friends? [ 2 Answers ]

I found my cat about a year ago on the side of the road, barely 4 weeks old. He slept in the nape of my neck for the first few months and the first time he was brave enough to venture outside of my bedroom to the rest of the house, he was about 2 months old. He grew up in my mom's house (I live...

View more questions Search