Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lookingfor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2004, 09:29 AM
    Drinking and driving
    My 19 year old daugheter got drunk and drove herself home. We have taken the car away except when using for work. What is a reasonable time to keep her from driving?
    Scorpio848 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2004, 08:33 AM
    Drinking and driving
    It is my opinion that a reasonable time would be, until she moves out. If she is living in your home and driving your car, you could be held liable for any damage she causes. Not only that, drinking and driving is a serious thing. One that warrants more than a slap on the hand or loss of car privileges for a month. Imagine the police showing up at your door telling you that she is dead or has killed someone else.
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 30, 2004, 10:02 AM
    Re: drinking and driving
    I have seen to many young bright kids pulled from cars wrap around a tree or turn over in the middle of a intersection. Just show her some newpaper clips of kids would were killed in accident. You have to teach reality to her. You as parent are truly blessed. A lot of parent do not get a second chance. Good luck!!
    dave5150 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Dec 24, 2004, 05:11 PM
    Drunk driving
    19 is old enough to know better. Tell her if she wants to drive, pay for the car and insurance herself.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 24, 2004, 07:11 PM
    Drinking and driving do not go together.
    Your daughter should understand this - and she probably does. The big problem is that drunk people do not have the same judgment - they always think that they are still very lucid.
    For that reason, there has to be a repression, to keep drunk drivers off the road.
    The best way to go is that the one who drives the car, doesn't even take the first drink. Non-alcoholic drinks are allowed of course.
    Besides, an orange juice tastes way better than a beer.
    Forbidding things is useless. Young people don't give a da*n.
    sasquatch_tattoo Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2005, 05:23 PM
    Kids drinking and driving lessons
    My good friend shirley had a similar problem with her son drinking and driving, he came home drunk but safe, she took away all rights to the car for him, and arranged a "field trip" to the county morgue where he was subjected to viewing the bodies of people that had been killed in drunk driving incidents. If the lectures don't work, use more direct methods such as shirley. No one wants to see a mangled body, especially when it could have been thier's on a morgue table.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 19, 2005, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahiem28
    Just show her some newpaper clips of kids would were killed in accident. You have to teach reality to her.

I think it would give a more lasting impression to explain to her just how much debt she would be buried in, and the jail time she might serve, should she kill someone while driving drunk...

Jan 19, 2030, 04:23 PM
    Whoa... what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dog Just Quit Eating and Drinking [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 11 month old pit bull male that I got a few weeks ago from a friend who couldn't keep him. He has been drinking and eating just fine until Sunday(7/24) when I was informed that he has not been eating or drinking the past few days. He isn't living with me at the moment but is over at a...

Flux & Drinking Water [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how soon after having our house repiped we can drink the water? We were told to flush the lines "really well" to get the flux and solder junk flushed out. What does that mean? 2 days, a week? Please can someone tell me? Thank you!

I think my dog has a drinking problem... [ 3 Answers ]

Our Basset Hound puppy won't stop drinking water when he has it available to him. It doesn't matter how much he's had, he just keeps drinking until it's gone, and his belly swells up like a watermelon until he pees it all out. How do we get him to stop? Thanks for the help. -B

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search