Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cora johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 07:16 PM
    Skin
    What is a good home remedy to remove skin tags.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cora johnson
    what is a good home remedy to remove skin tags.
    Skin tags can be removed but care should be taken with home remedies, because of increased risk of infections and bleeding. The use of copper peptides after hydroxy acids will remove them slowly. Use of Exfol cream or Lac Sal Cream in the morning and Tri Reduction P&R with retinol at night works.:)
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    skin tags can be removed,:confused: but care should be taken with home remedies, because of increased risk of infections and bleeding. The use of copper peptides after hydroxy acids will remove them slowly. Use of Exfol cream or Lac Sal Cream in the morning and Tri Reduction P&R with retinol at night works.:)
    Once again in the very first sentence I write: "Care should be taken with home remedies ,because of the risk of infections and bleeding" I clearly don't tell everyone that I'm advising snipping and actually give a topical you could use. For further follow up reading from where I was educated about this, please visit the site WWW.MAYOCLINIC.COM/HEALTH/SKINTAGS/AN00820 A Dr. Lawrence Gibson Dermagtoligist has a special article that should be read by YOU (J 9)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 05:35 AM
    I have read that. But you do not know the medications that this person is on. If on Coumadin or Warfarin this is a very DANGEROUS suggestion.

Note also that the article says that the skin can be snipped off, cryotherapy, or electrical current in the dermatologists office (second sentence in the first paragraph). Not at home!

First sentence in the second paragraph says that it is not generally recommended that they be removed at home.

Oh, yeah, I see you edited your post to remove the part about snipping with scissors at home.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 06:29 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I have read that. But you do not know the medications that this person is on. If on Coumadin or Warfarin this is a very DANGEROUS suggestion.

Note also that the article says that the skin can be snipped off, cryotherapy, or electrical current in the dermatologists office (second sentence in the first paragraph). Not at home!!

First sentence in the second paragraph says that it is not generally recommended that they be removed at home.

Oh, yeah, I see you edited your post to remove the part about snipping with scissors at home.
    Correct I did remove my original sentence, because I took into consideration your remark. But when suggesting that I read the entire paragraph, which I did, you'll have to recall the Lady with the question, to start with, her first line was asking for "HOME REMEDYS", freezing and electrical is not something that your normal person can do by themselves at home due to the fact they did not have acess to this equipment and products. Enough said on this subject, I'm here to offer suggestion not argue.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 11:55 AM
    I will agree that cryo and electrical is not a home remedy, but neither is snipping in this instance.
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Wouldn't wart removers be helpful in removing skin tags?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Only safe way of removing skin tags is cutting and cauterizing by a trained professional. You can probably find one by asking your doctor. I have also heard laser works as well, but extremely expensive in some areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photosensitive Skin [ 1 Answers ]

My dermatologist says I have a photosensitive skin. My face is much darker than the rest of my body:o and I can not bear the heat of the sun. He prescribed Hydroquinone USP, 4% which I used but there is no difference after a month. Is there anything stronger than this and would I need a new...

Skin help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I am white and I have a black husband, he is the only one I have ever been with but my son came out just as white as me, it kind of made me sad because I love my husbands color, is there anything I can do to darken my son up and have it stay that way? Please help! People question my...

Skin [ 9 Answers ]

I have bumps on my legs and it isn't razor burn. Do you have and suggestions to what it is or how to get rid of it fast? :confused:

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search