Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Vacate for Joinder or Joinder Dismissal
    My husband and his previous wife got a divorce in 1994 in the state of California. In the paperwork, it was determined that his wife was to receive part of his pension when he retired. After the judgement was final, she told him personally that she didn't want his pension and she would contact the courts and have it taken care of. My husband started the paperwork for his pension a couple of weeks ago and found out that his ex-wife never filed the paperwork to vacate the judgement dealing with his pension. He spoke to her a couple of days ago, and she said she is willing to take care of that now. We just don't know how to go about getting the correct paperwork filed with the court. Can anyone tell us what form we will need and how it gets filed in California. We now live in Utah, so we can't go to the courthouse ourselves.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 03:50 PM

We have a California Attorney who posts and hopefully he will come along.

The Judgment of Divorce would have to be amended OR (at least in NY where that amendment is this side of impossible) the "ex" accepts the pension payment and simply returns it to him. Then she and your husband have to file an explanation with IRS.

I had a similar situation involving my late husband's pension.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a joinder of employee retirement plan needed for dissolution status only? [ 5 Answers ]

The judge told my fiancée that he needs a joinder of an employee retirement/pension plan to finalize his DISSOLUTION STATUS only. He had a 401(k) of about $2000 However in the FL-328-INFO it says that a joinder is not necessary. We are very confused. Your help is very appreciated.

Unfair dismissal [ 7 Answers ]

I got dismissed two years ago for not following audit procedures. Exactly the same situation has arise in the company I got dismissed from but this person has just got a first warning. Can I contest this dismissal and do I have a case or is it too late?

Felony Dismissal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm getting ready to graduate from college in Civil Engineering and I'm looking to apply for my EIT (Engineer in Training) Certificate. One question that the application asks is "have you ever beeen convicted of a crime that is substancally related to the field of engineering". That's a...

Stipulation of Dismissal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing OK. Most of you remember me posting my case here where I was being taken to court because according to them I owed some account by citybank. Well I went to the hearing it was with a magistrate not with judge, however, the plaintiff was on the phone (due...

View more questions Search