Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Yellow dry turfgrass.
    Hi guys,

My grass is very yellow and dry feeling in the hottest part of my yard. It is a newer lawn about 3 years old. I do not have any trees for shade. The lawn turns yellow in these areas, and it really doesn't matter how much water I put on it, it never changes. I don't overwater either, if anything I am slightly underwatering.

The grass doesn't pull up like grubs, and I have used a nitrogen rich fertilizer with no avail.

The entire blade of grass is yellow, and it is crunchy like it is dry.

Clay/loam soil. This specific area is also a low spot in my yard. I live in Utah and the daytime temp hovers around 95-101 degrees from about 10AM to 7PM.

Thinking maybe an iron or potassium deficiency.. but I am not sure. Any help would be much appreciated, and I can get a picture on here if it helps

Bm
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2009, 01:38 PM

Pic wouldn't do any good because I know what you up against. That grass will never come back, it has been burned to shreds if it is crunchy. You may have used the wrong type of fertilizer and that would have burned it out further. Even if you topdressed now it wouldn't do any good.

You may have to start over with a really hardy turf.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It Possible For a Cat to have YELLOW Fur? [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound like a silly question but I have a cat who's has bright yellow patches of fur on her stomach- I don't mean light orange I mean golden- I have never seen any cats with that fur colour before and when I researched it having colour seems to indicate some kind of disease- yet the cat...

Yellow is hot, right? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm installing a light fixture and forgot which wire from the outlet box is hot. The two colors coming out of the outlet box are yellow and white. The two colors on the fixture are white and black. I want to go black to yellow, and white to white, right? I just want to be real...

Too much yellow ? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to the salon to help with the horrid hair day I had recently . She worked wonders on getting my hair almost back to how I like it, but just around my face my hair is a very distinct yellow. I thought about going to some place like Sally's or trying that Color Oops or something to lighten it...

Yellow lab [ 2 Answers ]

I adopted my dog a year and a half ago and was wondering the best way to determine her age. Also, she's starting to get gray wiskers around her mouth and chin -- how early does that happen? Thanks!

Yellow fly [ 1 Answers ]

What are the interventions when bitten by a yellow fly? F the person was bitten on the leg and has difficulty walking, what should we do?

View more questions Search