Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Jul 27, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Will I get darker again?
    I'm just curious cause I'm in denial if I am getting darker or not, but I have lost a few shades and I haven't been use the Bio Cream + Oil for a while.

Does you skin start to get darker if you stop using it? And I haven't been in the sun at all this summer so that can't be a reason why and If I did I only been in it for 30 minutes and used 70+ SPF.

Thanks!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Well, whenever I stop using the bio claire my complextion gose back darker quick. Or if use it only once a day instead of twice daily my lightening either slows down. Even though I stayed away from the sun and used a strong sunblock. Most lighteners are permanent. But, I know there are some things that are permanent, I just have to figure out what they are... and not mono, I want to maintain a light goldn color.
    Sassy_Girl89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
    If you were only out in the sun once for thirty minutes, and you used 70+, then that's your problem right there!! If you want to get darker, then use only 30+, and stay outside for longer than thirty minutes! If you want to get tan fast, try using tanning oil!:cool:
    ladydanielle Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:23 PM

Everything in life needs maintenance, including lightening
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladydanielle View Post
    everything in life needs maintenance, including lightening
    I agree. It's learning how to properly balance and maintain... speaking of maintain, I haven't used the bio claire and black soap in the past 2 days and I think I'm like 2 shades darker. But, I'm still using sunblock and I'll have to start back first thing tonight.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Jul 31, 2009, 05:44 PM

Bio clair will turn you darker so fast
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Yeah I noticed... all that hard work within the past3 1/2 months dissolved in like 2 days. Now I have to start all over.

Aug 1, 2009, 08:20 AM
    What are you using right now?
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Unfortunately, I'm still using the rest of my bio claire and using black soap since it's fairly cheap. I don't know what to use next, so I'm still searching. Before that I was using makari night cream and DS papaya kojic soap/L-glutathione soap, it lightened me really light but it costs so much after awhile.

What are you using, any success?

Aug 1, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Right now I'm using Likas soap and about 2 days ago I started using fair and lovely. Likas soap has been doing great. I really need something for my arms they have gotten so very dark
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Yeah, my arms are dark again too. About 2 shade lighter than last year though, but still darker. I keep hearing about the Likas soap, is it really good? What ingredients are in the fair and lovely? Let me know if it lightens well.

Aug 1, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Ill give you the ingredients headed out right now
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 09:04 PM
    OK, thanks

Aug 2, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Water, Stearyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, fruit principle (AHA), Glyceryl mono-stearate, isohexadecane, Decyl oleate, vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Polyacrylamide and C-13-C14 Isoparaffin laurth-7, titanium dioxide, Emulsifiers Octyl methoxy dibenzoyl methane, Ammonium acryloyl dimethyl taurate co-polymer, vitamin E drivative (Tocoperyl acetate) Aloe vera concentrate, Preservatives, skin conditioners, color (C1 15510), Perfume, menthol

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    yeah, my arms are dark again too. About 2 shade lighter than last year though, but still darker. I keep hearing about the Likas soap, is it really good? What ingredients are in the fair and lovely? let me know if it lightens well.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 07:29 AM

I was just wondering why you feel the need to lighten you skin? I think dark skin is beautiful.

It's funny light skinned people always want to be dark and dark skinned people always want to be light.

Aug 2, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Let me know what you think of the ingredients, There is one that the owner of the store told me about that is all natural. I choose this one because it is anti marks and it has aloe in it. The owner and I'm not sure who the lady was, but they say they both use the products and OMG there skin is flawless... Her skin is amazing. I'm going to stick with it for a while because it's a product that I can buy locally which saves on S&H.

Aug 2, 2009, 01:40 PM

Yes sweetie iM light skin but trying to be lighter. This is a board of assistance not judgement.
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Aug 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Girl89 View Post
    If you were only out in the sun once for thirty minutes, and you used 70+, then that's your problem right there!!! If you want to get darker, then use only 30+, and stay outside for longer than thirty minutes! If you want to get tan fast, try using tanning oil!:cool:

How is that my problem? 70+ SPF is very powerful I didn't get tanned one bit.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    Let me know what you think of the ingredients, There is one that the owner of the store told me about that is all natural. I choose this one because it is anti marks and it has aloe in it. The owner and I'm not sure who the lady was, but they say they both use the products and OMG there skin is flawless............. Her skin is amazing. I'm gonna stick with it for a while because it's a product that I can buy locally which saves on S&H.
    Thanks So Sexy For the ingredients. I keep hearing good things about the Likas soap, so I might give it a try. So the active ingredients must be the fruit principle (AHA), vitamin B3 (niacinamide), and vitamin E (tocopherol). I wonder if it's sold in the local beauty stores or if I have to order it?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Well, whenever I stop using the bio claire my complextion gose back darker quick. Or if use it only once a day instead of twice daily my lightening either slows down. Even though I stayed away from the sun and used a strong sunblock. Most lighteners are permanent. But, I know there are some things that are permanent, I just have to figure out what they are...and not mono, I want to maintain a light golden color.
    :p I just noticed a flaw in my sentence, I left out a word. I was trying to say that most skin lighteners are Not permanent, only temporary... especially bio claire. Mono is permanent and completely will depig the skin.

Danielnoahsmommy I agree with you, dark skin is just as beautiful. And if a person (whether light, medium, or dark) is happy with their shade then there is no need to change it. But if someone wants to change it to make them happy, so be it. Everyone's reasons aren't the same. My reason for the change is because I am treated differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Face Getting Darker day by day after I came to USA [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My face is getting darker after I came to USA, I am in USA from last 4 years and stayed all the time in cold states, I am getting darker day by day. My another observation is only face is getting darker. I don't use any facial or cold creams.. please suggest...

Why I see much darker with my right eye? [ 1 Answers ]

I had IOL (permanent lenses) installed in both of my eyes when I was 10 (Now I am 22). Now I have a vision of -5 in right and -6 in left eye. But the problem is, that I see much darker with my right eye (I become a kind of night blind in the evening with this eye) It happens both with contacts and...

A darker blonde? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, well well! I should know better than to take my hair into my own hands. I guess we all need a humbling reminder every now and then! I was following the new presidents advice and agreed that it was time for change. I dyed my pretty champagne blond hair to a light auburn (spiced Tea). It was a...

:(Getting my hair darker:( [ 4 Answers ]

:i have light brown hair I want it to be a lot darker Without dying my hair What can I use? Can someone help me plaese

View more questions Search