Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LA D DI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom
    My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my daughter calls back. There are never questions asked that are inapropriate. Just things like "did you go to the reunion," did you eat some good food" and the last one was, "why did your sister get to make the choice of whether it would be the carneval or the reunion". Click, the phone was hung up. I have heard the step Mom and Dad of only 2 years are having trouble getting along , and I feel the step Mom is taking it out on the kids. I know how this Man treated my daughter and she doesn't have an easy way to go, and I tired to warn her not to marry him But... So what would or should I as there Grandmother say to either of them? Or shouldn't I say anything?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 06:38 AM

It also sounds like they could be having trouble because he sees she is controlling and maybe even gets some of that control shoved at him.
    You really can't say anything. The father either needs to grow a backbone and stick up for him and the kids or your daughter needs to go to court and have it put in whatever order they have in place that she quit influencing her relationship with her kids negatively.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 08:11 AM

Does your daughter have visitation/the RIGHT to be calling in a legal court order?

If so, the step mother could be held in contempt of court for not allowing the calls to take place. If she has a court order, I would say this would be the first place to start.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 08:16 AM

Have to spread the rep yes she is in contempt and it is not her place to interfere with the mothers relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lot's of fun, lot's of great sex, but no real conversations [ 14 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm dating this guy, we have a blast together, we can always make each other laugh, and we are always goofing off. We also have amazing sex. Should I be concerned about the fact that we never have normal adult conversations, and we just horse around? We have a blast doing it, but that can't...

Step Kids [ 20 Answers ]

Hi this is my first time using this site so here I go, my husband and I have been married for 5 years we have yours, mine, and ours. 5 al together. The first year of our marriage his kids mother came to him 6 months into it and says this is your daughter. Killer. I said a lot of mean things,...

Step kids [ 3 Answers ]

What do you do when your 17 year old stepson doesn't care when he starts a fight between me and his father? And what do you do when he keeps acting out in school and keeps doing things to stay in trouble?

My husband,my step kids and me? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm at my wits end. I have been in a realationship with my husband for 11 years and he has 2 kids. Blended familys are hard. That is what I heard from everyone. I love kids so I thiught it would be no problem. Right? Wrong! My husband for the most part is a wonderful person he treats me very well...

View more questions Search