Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shnnnydr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Can my boss discuss getting back to work with insurance adjuster
    I ripped cartlidge in my wrist.the dr. didn't want me working for four weeks at least when I called my boss to let them know he told me flat out that he will tell workman comp adjuster he has something I can do without using my left arm.insurance adjuster faxed to my dr. that my boss said I just have to stand there and tell people what to do so he released me.while at work my boss didn't like my ability and wrote notes about not working hard enough.he also told me if I wanted a medical leave he will give me one but I will not collect workmans comp. or unemployment.now my wrist is worse and dr. gave me off again.can my boss get away with this?he will probably soon have me back at work again
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 06:06 PM

You can appeal whatever he says I do believe. Since you have the dr backing you up I would say your boss may be trying to intimidate you.
    I think since it is the same injury and all that you should pursue it and see where it goes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 06:39 PM

The company and the doctor can talk to the workers comp company rep. (Adjuster as you called them)

But yes if a company has "light duty work" they can require you work doing that. You can appeal doing it, but you will have to prove that the new job effects your injury.

My old company used to make people just come in and court paper clips

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance adjuster gone MIA [ 1 Answers ]

I have an outstanding insurance claim. We are trying to get the "hold back" monies. I went through a private insurance adjuster who helped me out once before. This time, for some reason, she has gone MIA. The claim is almost at the deadline and even though I have tried calling and e-mailing her...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Auto insurance adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I recently had a custom motorcycle, well frame and engine stolen from my household. My insurance adjuster after a month when it was suppose to be max 21 days is now wanting me to provide her with cell phone records for last month, bank statements for ythe past year, many different...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

View more questions Search