Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hutexan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Cost for Routine Maintenance
    Hello,

I am clueless about the costs associated with routine maintenance for my HVAC. I would like for the technician to do a complete system review and change the filter, if necessary. What is the appropriate cost range for such services? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
    What part of the country do you live in? Detroit is about $109.00
    Fort Wayne is about $89.00
    Downtown Chicago around $135.00
    And Indianapolis is around $99.00
    There can be a 10-20 difference from one company to another in the same area

Good luck
    Ask them if they have service agreement plans, they will reduce the rate if you pay for heating and cooling visits upfront.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Oct 19, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Make sure you are dealing with a reputable company, preferably through word of mouth. Ask Family and Friends who they use. Co-workers are another good source... $100.00 is not a bad price to pay for peace of mind. Replace the filter yourself if possible. Many companies will get a lot more than you would pay for it and it's usually easy to install. Filters are not normally included in the price of the service call. And remember, HVAC companies do not make much money on clean and checks. They make it on parts and installs. If the tech. says you have major problems, always get a second opinion...
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
    Rick is exactly right. If they condemn your furnace they should ba able to prove why, and still get a second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maintenance of A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse in SW Houston. I have 2 A/C units; 1.5 tons each. They are both 1996 vintage. I would like advice on reputable A/C technician in Houston to inspect my units and perform and required maintenance. Regards, Stan

Tell me about your skincare routine! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't have really horrible skin, but when I breakout, they're big and nasty and stay forever... I'll start a routine, but after a couple of months, my skin gets evil again and it's back to square one. I've been using St. Ives apricot scrub and following with a neutrogena oil control thing, but...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search