Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kent1944 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 04:06 PM
    16 hp vanguard
    I have a B/S model 303777 it will only run on full choke line from tank is clear and fuel pump is working. Could it be the fuel solenoid on bottom of carb and is there a way to check it thank you
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 04:35 PM

Hi,
    Yes you can by removing it, plugging it up and grouding the body of the solenoid. Then turn it on and the center should retract if it is properly grounded and working. They can gum up and be cleaned with spray carb cleaner and working the plunger in and out with repeated sprayings.
    Something about the carb is dirty or not working. The solenoids are very reliable, but do gum up.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No spark on Vanguard 18 [ 4 Answers ]

I picked up an 18 vanguard engine for my zero turn First thing I checked was spark only to find none. Then I cleaned the flywheel and coils also regapped at .010. Once again no spark. So a friend had a spare parts engine ( 16HP) so I borrowed his coils. Once again no spark. Then I said forget the...

16 hp b & s vanguard eng [ 1 Answers ]

I have billy goat leaf vac with a 16 hp briggs vanguard ohc motor.. there is no oil pressure switch and by passed all safety features. Motor ran for about 10 sec. then crapped out now I get no spark, I cleaned and reset the magnetos and fly wheel and rewired the harness any help would be apreaciated

Oil leak 16 hp vanguard briggs [ 3 Answers ]

Recently bought a trash pump with 16 hp briggs vanguard engine on eBay. Engine runs good no exhaust smoke but has bad oil leak or cylinder on same side as starter. I as Sume that the oil leak is a bad head gasket. How big of a job is it to change head gaskets. Thanks Maverick :confused...

B & S 16hp Vanguard [ 1 Answers ]

Need specs, mainly oil capacity.

View more questions Search