Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 22, 2009, 04:39 AM
    Going in, let me say that sooner or later you're going to have to bite the bullet and replace that old sewer line with PVC. If you wish to control roots RootX or Robics Foaming Root Killer that contain Dichlobrnic are two products you could try.
    A less expensive way would be to call around to garden supply stores and ask for fine grain Copper Sulphate. Put a 1/2 pound in your toilet and flush it down. Repeat in 6 months.
    Hope this helps and thank you for rating my answer, Tom
    tennisyoung1 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 11:34 AM

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snake stuck in drain pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I used a power snake with 1/2 in cable, went in 10 - 15 feet and it wouldn't go an further. Now the snake won't go in or out. How can I get it out. I bought a retrieval tool with a 3/8 inch cable. How do I use it.

How do I use an electric pipe snake [ 9 Answers ]

I have got a clog in my main drain. All my sinks back up into my shower. The toilet is fine though. I have a stand up shower only, so I don't have an over flow hole. I have tried everything so I am going to rent a snake. Can I put the snake right through the drain in my shower? And since it isn't...

2 inches drain pipe for basement toilet. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 inches pipe for basement toilet drain.this is a new house.I want to put a tiolet.since the plumbing is for the toilet drain is 2 inches,will I have any problems for draining? Also will I have to install a an injection pump?

Dropped snake in vent pipe! [ 7 Answers ]

In attempting to clear a vent stack pipe to solve gurgling toilet, my snake got away from me and now is at the bottom of the stack pipe. What is the easiest way to retrieve this? Help, Slippery fingers - Cliff

Snake stuck in sewer pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I rented the large electric snake to clean the roots out of the pipe and the snake is now stuck. I have rented the snake before and have been very successful never had this problem. Any ideas.

View more questions Search