Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pezzal843 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Def and Of tackle to LINEBACKER
    Im 15 years old I weigh 285 and I'm 5'10 I'm in the 10th grade I play jv and varsity football and I'm a def and of tackle I bench 155 and squat 325... But I'm trying to lose weight to become a linebacker what should I do to become stronger and faster and can you give me some tips how to lose weight so I can become a linebacker my 11th grade year.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Find a diet that will fit you. Don't do it in an unhealthy way.

Jul 26, 2009, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Find a diet that will fit you. Don't do it in an unhealthy way.
    But I don't know what diet would fit me
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pezzal843 View Post
    but idk wat diet would fit me
    Talk to a doctor, do you have a sports medicine clinic nearby?

Jul 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Yea I think
    rlopez22epik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:29 AM

Don't stress it man. Your 5'10 and weighing at 285 yeah that is a lot but think about you could become a beast on the o-line and D-line, on top of that your starting you sophomore year. Usually your sophomore year determines what position your going to be at your junior year. But if you really want be leader of defense ( middle linebacker) I suggest you focus on doing some interval training, 30 min circuits mix with weight training and cardio and dieting right. When I mean dieting I don't mean starving yourself cause that doesn't help.Just no sweets, drink plenty water ( no sodas), eat proteins to build your muscle mass and stay away from fried foods as well as fast food joints.

Jul 26, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopez22epik View Post
    Dont stress it man. Your 5'10 and weighing at 285 yeah that is alot but think about you could become a beast on the o-line and D-line, on top of that your starting you sophomore year. Usually your sophomore year determines what position your goin to be at your junior year. But if you really want be leader of defense ( middle linebacker) i suggest you focus on doin some interval training, 30 min circuits mix with weight training and cardio and dieting right. When i mean dieting i dont mean starving yourself cause that doesnt help.Just no sweets, drink plenty water ( no sodas), eat proteins to build your muscle mass and stay away from fried foods as well as fast food joints.
    Im hitting the weight room tomorrow like I do every week but what workouts shold I focus on most to become more bigger

Jul 26, 2009, 11:50 AM

Well its good to lift weights every day but your muscle need to recover unless your taking protein supplements to help you recover faster but if your not taking any supplements, give your body a day to recover. You don't want to bulk up too much I would say get your weight at 210 and focus on a lot of cardio with ab training cause a middle line backer you want to be fast and strong, not all big and slow. Your main key is speed and eye coordination.You want to have a good speed for the 40 run. So start running with the tire on the field or a parachute which ever you prefer.

Jul 26, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Well its good to lift weights every day but your muscle need to recover unless your taking protein supplements to help you recover faster but if your not taking any supplements, give your body a day to recover. You dont want to bulk up to much i would say get your weight at 210 and focus on alot of cardio with ab training cause a middle line backer you want to be fast and strong, not all big and slow. Your main key is speed and eye coordination.You want to have a good speed for the 40 run. So start running with the tire on the field or a parachute which ever you prefer.
    I mostly run with the sled wit 225 on it

Jul 26, 2009, 12:19 PM

Well man your already on the right track then. Now just stay focus and determined on what you want and don't let any one stand in your in way of getting it cause you have to remember there only one string on varsity and that first string there no a & b team.So good luck out there and have fun and a safe season, make the best of it cause by the time you know you it football season done with.

Jul 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Well man your already on the right track then. Now just stay focus and determined on what you want and dont let any one stand in your in way of getting it cause you have to remember there only one string on varsity and that first string there no a & b team.So good luck out there and have fun and a safe season, make the best of it cause by the time you know you it football season done with.
    Thanks for the help

Jul 26, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Wat kind of deit you think would work best and what proteins should I take

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What fishing gear do you bring in a tackle box [ 8 Answers ]

What do you usually carry in a tackle box? Bobbers and hooks but what else? There are about 6 of us going we don't have a boat will be hiking and casting from the banks.

C programing tackle [ 3 Answers ]

hello all I was thinking of a program that converts the integer you entered into english alphabet for example if a user types 1234 then the out put should be one two three four; but the number of digits to be entered should not be fixed any digit integer if you solve...

View more questions Search