Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    man_on_fire Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
    How Lobbying influences the Law?
    Hi all, I have some problems with the matter: how business influence Law by lobbying?
    However I don't really know what is the relationship between Lobbying and Law? Or in another word, what lobbying affect to Law?
    So any one know that matter, please give me some ideas about this matter.
    Thanks a lot
    The WB Posts: 78, Reputation: 6

Oct 19, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Easy, I guess. The business influences the sen or rep with "gifts" or "favors". The sen or rep then lobbys for the law or whatever that will ultimately benefit the business.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
    ... a good answer, but remember: not just groups we'd call "businesses". Big activist groups lobbying often results in law changes and additions too.
    man_on_fire Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Thanks, for your replies. However, I need much more information than that, so do you know some sources or web that I can research it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Entire books have been written on this subject... we certainly cannot do the question justice much beyond helping you with the general idea of it...

Do you not have any study material for the subject? Are you taking a Government class?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2006, 04:48 PM
    The first explanation is a rather jaundiced view of lobbyists. Not all lobbyists operate by giving gifts or favors. Most of them exist to present their position to legislators. They provide a service by presenting data to the legislators to support what they want done.

In the movie The American President, Annette Benning plays a lobbyist for a environmental group pushing for a reduction in fossil fuel usage. She does this by speaking to legislators and presenting her groups position and the logic of it. Most lobbyists work more closely like that rather then the guy (Abraham?) who was the focus of a recent scandal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In - law [ 6 Answers ]

I am having real issues with my daughter-in-law. She will do things, when my son is not around, and when I react she runs to him and tells him "I don't know why she go so excited". I have tried not to react but I can only go so long. Recently when I did she admitted to me, without my son...

Oh law [ 6 Answers ]

All, I have tried researching this for OH and have searched the forums as well, so as not to waste your time, but I cannot find an answer. My wife is named in a lawsuit for an old debt which we know is valid. She does not want to pay it because when she had a previous payment arrangement that...

Law [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm HoNee and I got a question, hopefully someone can help. I'm kind of stuck in a rut, I was placed on unsupervised probation for 12 months after pleading guilty to a possession charge, I was to complete 32 hours of drug counseling and pay fines. Anyhow, I've paid the fines and am about to...

The law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada. My question is how much force can a collection agency use. I have a large phone bill I can't pay.What are my rights-what can they do to me??

View more questions Search