Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -Seven- Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jul 25, 2009, 09:51 PM
    Subconscious/Unconcious habits
    I was curious if anyone could let me in on some techniques for overcoming subconscious belief systems? I'm currently working on well... in short I guess I'd call it becoming "innocent", seeing and experiencing all without judgment. It's like I have a pure conscious mindset, but then, I'll react to a situation out of life long developed habits that I clearly know isn't how I'd like to react. It really feels as if my identity is splitting between my ego and my conscious ideals out of my intolerance towards unconscious actions. Though I'm all about harmony, so I'm looking for a more passive way of self transformation.

Any advice?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 02:17 AM

A dual (split) personality is something you should not be experimenting with in your life.
    Get immediate help from a professional.

Jul 26, 2009, 02:31 AM

: )

I'm all right, I'm not suffering, I've just run into a road block is all.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 03:24 AM

-Seven-
    I am nearly 79 years' old, MALE.
    It is hard to discuss in this medium any
    Personal problems.
    If you need help drop me a line :-
    [email protected].

Roland camilleri
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 05:36 AM

It does not have to be a dual split personality to try and go back to the root of who you are.
    Yourself made image and your basic nature are conflicting because you are aware of your ego getting in the way of who you are deep down. Many people go through life not even willing to recognize this so they don't have the conflict. They just go along with their 'baggage' accepting whatever they have become.
    You may be deep down feeling you need to humble yourself and become more true to yourself. You are making a conscious effort in recognizing your short comings.

We all accumulate baggage through the years and a lot of it makes us change to being more bitter or callous or whatever. It is great to recognize that and try to undo it.
    Pray for God to humble you.
    Stop and think before you react or dwell on things. It isn't wrong for a thought to pop into your head but then you recognise it as being your old/wrong way of thinking and you choose the right path.

Do a Bible study on putting away the old man
    And renewing your new man
    Another thing that really helped me get over a lot of my 'baggage' was doing a numerology profile of what my name and birth date meant

Jul 26, 2009, 06:19 AM

Fantastic answer! You understand what I mean very well. :D

I just got my numerology profile from a website and it blows my MIND.

Also got a astrology chart, analyzed everything from coordinates of my birth place to the time of my birth.. most of it was dead off, as always -_-..
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 06:24 AM

I don't get into the predicting the future or anything because I believe God condemns doing that for a reason.
    But I believe that life is like DNA and has a code designed by God.

Jul 26, 2009, 07:37 AM

You seem somewhat like minded. I interpret it more as an algorithm.
    hellonikki Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Which websites did you use?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 05:50 AM

For the numerology?

I used
    You can download onto your computer

Download free numerology software from this site.

Or do this page on the site. Youi get a little more here than the free download

Do your own numerology reading and learn as you go - introduction and Life Path.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:45 PM
    It sounds to me as if you're experimenting with some quasi Buddhist concepts. They practice a form of meditation and call it 'no mind' which asks the meditator to observe their thoughts without judgment.

Practitioners are then encouraged to take this practice into their daily lives and to begin to break down unconscious patterning and judgmental thinking by observing their own behavior.

I would recommend that you read "The Power of Now' by Echart Tolle or anything recent by Depak Chopra - they have both worked on doing what you're trying to do for many many years.

I'm sure you will find them useful!

Jul 28, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Yep, it's something like that, I've got it in my gut that we need to purify the content of our being before we can hope to move on to any new stage.

Oh, and I've read The Power of NOW and a couple books by Deepak Chopra. He's a genius. Unfortunately I decided to just leave it in the back of someone's car for reasons unknown, hadn't finished it either. I'll probably give it another look, I've matured a lot since I last read it.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:19 PM

Like others here have said though you can do all the self improving you want but without Christ it is all in vain.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seven- View Post
    Yep, it's something like that, I've got it in my gut that we need to purify the content of our being before we can hope to move on to any new stage.

Oh, and I've read The Power of NOW and a couple books by Deepak Chopra. He's a genius. Unfortunately I decided to just leave it in the back of someone's car for reasons unknown, hadn't finished it either. I'll probably give it another look, I've matured alot since I last read it.
    (laughs) Obviously it wasn't the time if you left it in the back of someone's car!

Actually - 'A New Earth' is better than 'The Power of Now' by Tolle. It's less dense and more accessible. His DVD's are excellent as well. Surprisingly, he actually has quite an impish sense of humor!

Other books that you may be interested in in are 'The Mandala of Being' by Richard Moss and, 'Take me to the Truth - Undoing the Ego', by Nouk Sanchez and Tomas Vieira.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:27 PM

We all have conflicting ideals or "minds" inside of us. Like N0help said, the fact that you are willing and able to examine them is the real blessing.

I started down that path myself a long time ago.. I don't like to imagine what my life might have looked like otherwise.

My advice is to... simply continue. Keep looking... keep seeking... don't ever stop. Experience everything you can. Don't be discouraged by things that you may think aren't relevant or that don't fit your personal beliefs. As long as you are searching, everything that you encounter can only bring you closer.

Oh and don't be discouraged if you feel like you'll never find the answers... because you probably won't. Heck, I don't know if "answers" really exist at all... just more questions. But that's kind of the point now, isn't it? ;)

Jul 28, 2009, 07:28 PM

I wonder if he's slowly redeveloping an ego through subjection to people's subtle influence.

Right now, I'm really feeling I need to look into energy frequencies. Possibly manually override the ego through spiritual work.

Thanks for the recommendations.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seven- View Post
    I wonder if he's slowly redeveloping an ego through subjection to people's subtle influence.

Right now, I'm really feeling I need to look into energy frequencies. Possibly manually override the ego through spiritual work.

Thanks for the recommendations.
    I assume you're referring to Tolle? Yes, I have wondered the same thing myself - particularly since he has a 20 something gorgeous Asian girlfriend!

There are certain types of spiritual work that can override the ego, or at least bypass it. Esoteric or transformational kinesiology is one of a number of modalities than can assist to achieve this. Mind you, you then have to deal with the ego of the practitioner!

Jul 28, 2009, 07:49 PM

Haha

I'll keep that in mind. It's just such a pain in the , I'd rather just rise above it and let it decay and rot away into nothingness. You'd think once you finally realize something was bad for you and had a true urge to let go of it, you would... I feel like I'm living in a severely outdated hunk of junk body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reading habits [ 1 Answers ]

How could poor reading habits affect life beyond college?

Subconscious thoughts? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Im wondering if you can help me here... what are subconscious thoughts?? My story in short is when I was just "seeing" a girl ske kissed another guy at new year, I decided not to join her that night and wish I had now. We are now in a relationship. She has had a past where...

Bad habits [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 and a half year old daughter has been toilet trained for a year but has now started spreading her poo all over herself and the house could this be just a bad habit or should I see a doctor?

Bad habits [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a Romanian and I have a 3 year old son. Last week he stopped wearing pampers and he discovered he has a penis and his kindergarten teachers told me today that he plays with it in front of the other kids. Apparently, he enjoys it. I am... well, hm, not happy let's say. I almost started...

Subconscious Mind [ 2 Answers ]

How does one reprogram the subconscious mind?

View more questions Search