Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandamichigan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
    New Pool Startup
    We have a new pool, finished in September this year. The pool builder went out of business and left us without doing a startup on the new water. I need to know how to regulate the PH. It is too low.
    My husband added chlorine stabilizer and now thinks that is affecting the PH. Yes? Please let me know what to do. Again this is new pool/water. The pool is Vinyl, about 15000 gallons.
    Thanks.
    momof2girls Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amandamichigan
    We have a new pool, finished in September this year. The pool builder went out of business and left us without doing a startup on the new water. I need to know how to regulate the PH. It is too low.
    My husband added chlorine stabilizer and now thinks that is affecting the PH. Yes? Please let me know what to do. Again this is new pool/water. The pool is Vinyl, about 15000 gallons.
    Thanks.
    Stabilizer will not affect he PH of your water. If it is low I would start with adding a pound of soda ash or ph increaser. Add it to the deepest part of your pool. Check your PH level again in a day. Certain things will affect your Ph like rain can bring it up or down adding chlorine will usually bring it up because the pH in chlorine shock(calcium hypochloride) is around 11. You want your PH to be around 7.2 to 7.6
    Bgd Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 04:17 PM
    If you go to a Bio-guard pool chemical dealer they shold offer a free water test and analysis. If not try to get a test strip that also tests for Total Alykalinity, this acts as a buffer for ph bounce from: rain, bather load, chlorine shock. Having a professional water analysis and adjustment will make water maintenance much easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Startup and Shutdown [ 10 Answers ]

Is there anyway I can not logon at the windows screen when I startup? I find it really troublesome. Just on the computer and I want it to bring me to my windows so my program can all start running rather than having to wait at the logon screen and wait for me to press OK... It was says select user...

Startup.. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Yes guys need help... I can't stop a folder from opening when the windows startup... but this folder isn't like this before... I wonder why...

Startup what's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Why does my computer tell me setup is updating configuration files every time I start up regardless and takes about 2mins to get past this before loading windows, I am using win98se. :confused:

Startup [ 5 Answers ]

It Takes 3 Minutes For My Computer To Start Up. I Believe It's Because I Have Too Many Start-ups In The Bottom Right Of My Screen. How Do I Know Which Of These I Can Remove,and How Do I Remove Them??

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search