Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms_heavenly77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 02:12 PM
    How to Deal with Someone you love that you feel hurts you
    What do I do when I try to communicate and tell my boyfriend how I feel and in response he tries to avoid the question?:o
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_heavenly77 View Post
    ...when I try to communicate and tell my boyfriend how I feel ... he tries to avoid the question?
    Saying "I love you" or even "I hate you" isn't a question, it's a statement. If you are delivering the sentiment as a question, stop, and deliver it as a statement. I think most guys have no respect for nor tolerate weak professions of feeling disquised as a question, discussion, or interrogation. If you are already delivering it as a statement, then your boyfriend's response is an accurate reflection of his true feelings for you, his emotional immaturity, or lack of verbal skills. None bode well for you. Half a relationship isn't a relationship.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 04:52 PM

Not everyone is good at expressing their feelings and sad to say,men in particular seem to be lacking in this skill.

Men are people of action,not words and it is difficult for them to open up emotionally.

If he is young and inexperienced with expressing himself,this will take time.

You can only hope that he is hearing you and understands what you are are saying.You could ask*Do you understand where I am coming from*?

Nagging will make him go on auto pilot,he is there but he isn't hearing Anything.Nothing turns a guy off faster that feeling nagged.

Pick your moments to have a talk,never when you are angry and ask him how you can both make the relationship better.

He needs to understand that love and commitment is more than just showing up at your doorstep.There is work and communication takes work.
    precious12992 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2009, 09:16 PM

I believe that your boyfriend does care about you. But just doesn't know how to express his feeling to you. If he says I love you or that he misses you. You just have to go with it... and as time goes on I guarteed he will open up to you. That's what I had trouble with my boyfriend and now 6 months he's opened up a lot more.I just waited for the guy to open up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love triangle, I love her but she doesn't like me back and it really hurts me [ 67 Answers ]

Hi all, I think I'm in a love triangle, where I love a girl who loves another guy, but that guy doesn't love her that much as I love her. My story began with this girl, she moved to my house to study in my town, as her parents were far away from her and her parents were also my parents' friends. So...

Love hurts [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There everyone I've been reading this forum for few days now it really helped me to understand where I stand in my Relationship... but I have a Question there's this girl I met online like 8 months ago we became very good friends with the time as I talked to her I started to like her and I think...

Love hurts [ 8 Answers ]

Who sings love hurts? I think it's a 70's song.

View more questions Search